[Croaker #CP#V] Battlefield 1942

edited November 2002 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Anyone playing this? Should I get it? It looks great and a friend of mine at work is addicted to it.
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Battlefield 1942

I've only played the demo and yeah it's an addictive game :)

Nice graphics, just enough reality, big teams online gameplay is a blast (can go up to 32 players), loads of fun. Not sure how the single player is.

The only problem I've had is running it on geforce2 based cards, they are not supported at all (looked all over for a solution but to no availability). But it runs real fine on my ATI 8500.

That's a game I'll definitely buy.

• edited December 1969

I'm playing it alot. My main game at the moment for sure. Good fun. I play on a server (201st guild server) that has a real high spawn time and friendly fire, tends to keep away the wanks and keeps people from suiciding. Pretty good teamwork. Anyways, if you get it I play as ysd.
    -ysd
  • edited December 1969
    Anyone playing this? Should I get it? It looks great and a
    friend of mine at work is addicted to it.
    I got the game at WCG V...It is addictive as crack dude...I played it online a couple of times when I was up at the Gather, but I haven't played it since I have been back (Don't know how it will do on dial-up).

The solo game can be easy as hell on some levels and a frustrating bitch on others. The AI is also hit and miss at times as well...I've seen one of my guys try to mount-up on a tank that was in use by the enemy. If you give commands for them to follow, or attack, it doesn't work well often...and the AI will get stuck in a revetment (Omaha beach)and sit there. I had to dust several of my own people at times to get them to re-spawn and go out and kill things...

All in all though, I have played through the solo campaign twice using the Allies and am now doing it as the Axis troops...Like I said, it is addictive as crack...

I'll try an online game here at home and see how my lag is...if it isn't too bad, I'll be on as McGyver or McGyver CPW...

Here's Looking at you...through my scope! ;-)

McGyver
  • edited December 1969
    If you want to buy it...

I'll sell you my copy. Tried it, not my cup o' tea.

_/ C

• edited December 1969
    I've only played the demo and yeah it's an addictive game :)

Nice graphics, just enough reality, big teams online gameplay is
    a blast (can go up to 32 players), loads of fun. Not sure how
    the single player is.

The only problem I've had is running it on geforce2 based cards,
    they are not supported at all (looked all over for a solution
    but to no availability). But it runs real fine on my ATI 8500.

That's a game I'll definitely buy.
    Hm... Runs fine on my GeForce 2 GTS.

Single player game is pretty cool, it's you and AI squad-mates against the enemy AI. That's got its limitations, but all in all it's pretty fun.

• edited December 1969
    Hm... Runs fine on my GeForce 2 GTS.
    Lucky man, having browsed many bf1942 forums, you must be one in a million with a geforce2 that has the game working.

Anyway, still a fun game ;)

• edited December 1969
    Lucky man, having browsed many bf1942 forums, you must be one in
    a million with a geforce2 that has the game working.

Anyway, still a fun game ;)
    Worked on my gf2 too =p
  • edited December 1969
    Worked on my gf2 too =p
    as well as my GF2 Ti card...

• edited December 1969

I almost feel like crying ;( (or bashing open my gf2 card!)

Didnt want to mislead anyone. Infos I've read on those forums & the readme file included with the demo lead me to beleive that it wasn't working on GF2 cards.

Glad it works for you ;p

• edited December 1969

My GF2mx couldn't handle it, but I also blame my VIA-based mobo as well, what with all the 4-in-1 drivers and such-like. America's Army would BSoD as well (Win2Kpro).
  • edited December 1969
    Now I feel lucky as hell...
    My GF2mx couldn't handle it, but I also blame my VIA-based mobo
    as well, what with all the 4-in-1 drivers and such-like.
    America's Army would BSoD as well (Win2Kpro).
    I have a 1 Ghz Celeron using a VIA chipset moboard and a GF2 Ti vid card...My only problem with 1942 is that it takes forever to load and forever to start a game/level (anywhere from 45 seconds to 1 min 15 seconds)

Could be my system, or it could be the game, or a combo of the two...

but at least it works, so I guess I can't bitch too much

McGyver
  • edited December 1969

Obviously BF1942 supports Geforce2 cards. There are a lot of people using them. I use one myself (though I am upgrading to Radeon 9700 Pro very soon). BF has supported Geforce2's for as long as it's been out. I dont know where you guys are getting your information, but your problem obviously doesnt lie in your GF2 card, though possibly the way you have it set up.