Ghost Recon Demo for Mac - wanna play?

edited November 2002 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Any mac-owning plaidies and friends wanna play a game or two?

http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=17400

[url=http://bs.bungie.org/]Bungie Sightings[/url]
  • edited December 1969
    I'll be grabbing it

But I'll have to see if the single player gives me enough interest to come in to multi.

• edited December 1969
    Re: I'll be grabbing it
    But I'll have to see if the single player gives me enough
    interest to come in to multi.
    It's your typical warfare realism game. You have three platoons of soldiers that you switch back and forth between, giving orders and the like, and you have a set of objectives. It seems that we can have as many players as there are soldiers (7 or 8 I think) and we all proceed cooperatively to victory.

It's a simple map, disable the enemy units patrolling outside the 'castle' and then enter and place bombs in key points, then meet in the back by a truck for some beers. :)

I'm running it on a medium power G4 (800mhz) and it runs just fine, FYI.

- M

Bungie Sightings
  • edited December 1969
    Re: I'll be grabbing it

My typical problem with too many of these "realism" games is that it's often a 'game on rails' where there is only one winning strategy and the results are really determined by how accurately you follow the script.

Fun while people are blundering about trying to refine the script, but quickly loses it's charm when you realize how deterministic it is.

Not to say that Ghost Recon has this problem.

ShadowJack
  • edited December 1969
    I'm game...

Was fun, albeit a bit overwhelming with just one person...I would like to try this out with a team. Look for me this weekend on cphl, or give me a PM, we can set up a time.

SoS
  • edited December 1969
    Awesome, will do! *nt*

Bungie Sightings
  • edited December 1969
    I'm still game...

I've actually upgraded to the full version and have been having a good time with it. Handling all 6 soldiers at once is not as difficult once you get used to it.

That being said, I'd still like to get some multiplayer action in...demo or full. Anyone else interested? See me on cphl or AIM me : jwkern.

SoS
  • edited December 1969
    Report:

Much fun was had... coop missions are cool... santo only has demo... he's a newb. BC will make good target practice for my machine gun.

More fun to come, I'm sure!

Bungie Sightings
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Report:

I have demo too. How/when do we connect to play?
  • edited December 1969

I have the full pc version... is it possible for me to play with you mac heads using the pc demo or something? It's loads of fun multi :)

-deac
  • edited December 1969
    I have demo too. How/when do we connect to play?
    We've been hooking up on cphl, come by one evening and if you don't see me you'll definitely see Spam. He'll give you the url to connect to his box which is the GR server host.

The demo is fun, but the full game is a real hoot with all the coop'ing that's possible.

Bungie Sightings
  • edited December 1969
    I have the full pc version... is it possible for me to play with
    you mac heads using the pc demo or something? It's loads of fun
    multi :)

-deac
    From what I've read online, the mac version is 1.2, while the current pc version is 1.4. If you have the PC version at 1.2, we can all play together.

Bungie Sightings