Age of Mythology Demo

edited January 2003 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Hmmm....Take Age of Empires II and add Gods to it...That is my impression of AOM...Not to mention that you will BE a part of Mythology waiting for this demo to load...

First it has to copy the files to a disk...about 5 minutes on my 1Ghz Celeron. Then, it has to unpack them all, which take another 5 minutes or so. Then it has to Install them which takes another 5 to 7 minutes...THEN you have to reboot your computer just to play...Civilizations have risen and fell in shorter periods of time...

Anyway, I thought that this would be a different type of game...yes, it is made by the same folks that did AOE I & II, but I thought I would give it the benefit of the doubt...Hmmm...Gather crap, build crap, kill crap, repeat....Nope...same game, just with Gods you have to appease and a few mythological beasts you get to kill...Other than that, it is AOE all over again...

Now mind you, if you like this type of game or want to continue your collection of "Age Of" games...This one is great...one thing that it does have that AOE didn't is that you can rotate the screen if you have a mouse wheel...the only problem is that it can become confusing at times...Several times I had to stop and figure out where the hell my buildings were so that I could build more stuff because I was coming in on them from the wrong side. But it does make building walls and such better because you can see where a wall is going to end up at (out in the open or behind a line of trees, etc)

Not my cup of tea, but I got really burnt out on AOE in Saudi Arabia (AOE II and C&C were all that we could load on the machines at the Computer Center), But if you like the game style, this one is right up your alley...

Oh one other thing...I don't know what it says for compatability on the Game Box, but there are a whole buttload of video cards that "Are not Supported" by AOM... So before you buy it, go online and see what they say about the video compatability...

Still searching for the next Myth....

McGyver