[ezkerraldean] SOMEONE HELP ME homeworld 2 mission 12

edited November 2003 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969
    SOMEONE HELP ME please pleasse pleaase pleeeaes

ive got 2 battlecruisers 5 destroyers the dreadnought and all the fighters corvettes and frigates I can build and they still just wipe me out.

is there a good way to do this mission? Ive been trying to rush them but my cap ships are too slow and I lose everything before i can destroy the carrier or shipyard.

ive been stuck on it for two weeks!
  • edited December 1969
    Re: SOMEONE HELP ME homeworld 2 mission 12

Hey,

I am currently on this level, have been for a couple of weeks also, kinda conquered it tonight, only had 2 bships and the dreadnought and a group of movers and bombers and gunships, wasnt full, basically I just hung back built some fire control towers kept the bombers in the carrier until I needed them and basically let them come to me! Gets easier after the first bit, although now that I've taken everything out I dont know how to finish the level, it says assault the base so I do get it down to not much energy and send in my marine frigates, but they just disable the ship without rescuing the captain!!! ARrrrgh frustrating, can somebody help me?!
  • edited December 1969
    Re: SOMEONE HELP ME homeworld 2 mission 12 [nt]

• edited December 1969
    SOMEONE HELP ME please pleasse pleaase pleeeaes

ive got 2 battlecruisers 5 destroyers the dreadnought and all
    the fighters corvettes and frigates I can build and they still
    just wipe me out.

is there a good way to do this mission? Ive been trying to rush
    them but my cap ships are too slow and I lose everything before
    i can destroy the carrier or shipyard.

ive been stuck on it for two weeks!
    There is a really good faq on this site called actiontrip. it might help you

Homeworld 2 hints
  • edited December 1969

I'm having the same problem. One thing I did was send in a marine frigate *before* I assulted the base. I'm not sure if that matters. Did anyone ever answer this question? Or did you figure it out?
    Hey,

I am currently on this level, have been for a couple of weeks
    also, kinda conquered it tonight, only had 2 bships and the
    dreadnought and a group of movers and bombers and gunships,
    wasnt full, basically I just hung back built some fire control
    towers kept the bombers in the carrier until I needed them and
    basically let them come to me! Gets easier after the first bit,
    although now that I've taken everything out I dont know how to
    finish the level, it says assault the base so I do get it down
    to not much energy and send in my marine frigates, but they just
    disable the ship without rescuing the captain!!! ARrrrgh
    frustrating, can somebody help me?!
  • edited December 1969

Damn I have that problem too. I've been at this for at least 3 weeks now. Why the hell doesn't Captain Soban come out....ARGGGGGGHHHHHH!
    Is it just my game disc or am I doing something wrong. I've defeated all the enemies, I have probes everywhere so I know there is no enemies left. Why won't it end?

• edited December 1969

I tried a few things..But the one that worked was destroying all three shipyards and the carrier at the beginning of the mission.

You must have captures a vaygr BC with the hyperdrive module intact.

Use the captured Vaygr Battlecruiser (assuming you have it) with the hyperdrive module to take look around the map. There are 3 shipyards and a carrier. I took a second BC and moved counter clockwise around the map, staying outside the inhibitor field (generated by the enemy BCs) and lingered just long enough to wipe the yards out. Hurry, because the second Shipyard has a BC in the pipes and it will pop out if you get there late. (an unpleasent surprise). Jump them back to base to rejoin you main force.

With no reinforcements, I finished the mission with ease. Just build up your fleet as the BCs are doing there work. I only lost lesser ships. Kept both BCs :)