[Croaker] Guild Wars

edited April 2005 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969
    The game comes out April 28th. Is anyone going to be playing it?
  • edited December 1969
    Yes [nt]

• edited December 1969
    Yaaaay!

You're the guy who turned me on to this game when it debuted at the E3. I'm totally hooked, been stuck in front of my computer every beta event since then. You'll have to post your character names when the game comes out so we can hook up.
  • edited December 1969
    Let's be organized.

With the release tomorrow (thursday), I know five people from my weekly board gaming group who are planing on getting it. (including me) We need postings here... on what server we should join, what is the guild name. How to get the secret password.., how to meet up on our HL server, etc.

Let's make a Guild that has some real CP Spirit!

N8

• edited December 1969
    Pay to play?

I assume so, otherwise I might be interested.

RII
  • edited December 1969
    [b]from the faq...[/b]

the two biggest questions in most plaid's minds would be...

Will there be a subscription fee for Guild Wars? Are there any other fees, such as for patches or updates?

There will not be a subscription fee of any kind, anywhere in the world and there are no hidden fees. You will not have to pay for the streaming updates that will take place on a regular basis, nor for additional content that we will provide between the chapters of Guild Wars.

Will the game be released on a different OS (Macintosh, Linux, etc.), or on other video game consoles?

Guild Wars is being developed on, and will initially be released for, the PC. We are aware that there is an interest in having the game available on other operating systems or other platforms, and we will continue to evaluate these possibilities as we get closer to release.

If I had any free time I might be willing to check it out, sadly I do not ...

Conner
  • edited December 1969
    Hmmm

I'll have a look at it, but my ability to commit time isn't going to be all that great either. My suggestion would be that Nate pick the server and such since he seems to be the most knowledgeable.

Ramses II
  • edited December 1969
    Why does everyone get this idea?
    I assume so, otherwise I might be interested.
    I keep hearing Pay to Play from all kinds of people, GW hasn't been pay to play since the start. It's more like Diablo 2 than any kind of mmorpg...
  • edited December 1969
    [b]Re: Let's be organized.[/b]

[quote]
    With the release tomorrow (thursday), I know five people from my
    weekly board gaming group who are planing on getting it.
    (including me) We need postings here... on what server we should
    join, what is the guild name. How to get the secret password..,
    how to meet up on our HL server, etc.

Let's make a Guild that has some real CP Spirit!

N8

[/quote]
    So far there are only 2 servers: The American Server and European Server. Of course we'd be on American Server but you can switch between the 2 at will. Your characters are not server specific.

I made a CP Guild hall with a green and red plaid cape during the Beta's but it got wiped along with all the other guilds who didn't make their guild again this last beta. I'm willing to make another one as soon as I get to the area that allows this. I'm doing all the Pre-Searing quests and exploring all areas before getting to the larger game and guild building area so if Blackbeard or anyone else is hurrying through Pre-searing Ascalon and wants to make our Guild Hall, that would be great. I should be able to make a Guild Thursday night after work with a few more hours of gaming. Here's a link to an offline Cape Designer (it's very crude and the guild capes inside the game will look way better, if anyone wants to design our cape.)
    http://www.gwonline.net/files/files.php?temp_view=files.php&game=&id=18

My character names are: Croaker I, Croaker II (spelled Croaker Il), Croaker III (spelled Croaker Ill), Croaker IV (spelled Croaker I V).
    {Warrior/Necro, Necro/Elementalist, Monk/Mesmer, Ranger/Mesmer} All my builds are PvE and PvP capable w/out too much tweaking. If anyone needs any help with their builds post here.

• edited December 1969
    It's Free to play.

There's no monthly fee.
    They use streaming technology to constantly upgrade and fix the game while you're playing. About every 6 months they will release an expansion pack called a Chapter which will be streamed to your computer so you don't have to buy anything in retail stores. They will be charging a fee for each Chapter, however.
  • edited December 1969
    Not me....

My suggestion would be that
    Nate pick the server and such since he seems to be the most
    knowledgeable.

Ramses II
    Croaker is the guy to lead things... He has been a beta player forever. BTW, there is only one North American Server, so it is not an issue. I got the game installed early this afternoon, I have a level 4 ranger/mesmer without even cracking the manual. I have NOT teamed up yet tho... So far I am impressed with the whole game concept and execution. More info to follow.

N8 Name: "Alien Natey"