I need help with quicktime

edited July 2001 in General Discussion

Comments

• edited December 1969
    I'm trying to print out a image that loads quicktime as a plugin to view part of a webpage. I can see the diagram that Quicktime is showing me on screen. However, if I do a 'print preview', it shows a blank page. How can I print this out? Do I have to save it in some way to my hard drive then try and print it? I've been trying for about an hour now, and I'm not having any sucess.

Thanks!

Darklord
  • edited December 1969
    url? (nt)

Bungie Sightings
  • edited December 1969
    Try here

It's not the one I'm interested in, but it's the same site.

Thanks!

Darklord

The link to the site.
  • edited December 1969
    That's a TIFF file
    It's not the one I'm interested in, but it's the same site.

Thanks!

Darklord
    Methinks something's wrong with their server/system/whatever, since I can't see anything half the time, yet every now and then the image DOES come through. In the above url, it was a 48k file.

It's a fax format TIFF file. I was wondering why someone would ever bother using TIFF on the web but when I noticed it's specifically using the fax variant of TIFF, I guess it makes sense.

Anyway, I don't think it's quicktime that's having a problem, I think it's their server.

Bungie Sightings
  • edited December 1969
    [b]I take that back...[/b]

[quote]
    Methinks something's wrong with their server/system/whatever,
    since I can't see anything half the time, yet every now and then
    the image DOES come through. In the above url, it was a 48k
    file.

It's a fax format TIFF file. I was wondering why someone would
    ever bother using TIFF on the web but when I noticed it's
    specifically using the fax variant of TIFF, I guess it makes
    sense.

Anyway, I don't think it's quicktime that's having a problem, I
    think it's their server.

[/quote]
    It might be a combination, now that I think about it. QT is trying to show the UNCOMPRESSED TIFF in your browser, and that might be more than it can handle, considered these are 300DPI images. If you're using QT Pro, you should right-click on the image (the blank space in the center, if it's not showing) and select "Save as Source" and dump it somewhere on your machine, then open it from there.

Otherwise, you can try a different PC TIFF browser plug-in, like the one they mentioned in their HELP page :) Try here:

http://www.mieweb.com/alternatiff/

Good luck!

- F

[url=http://bs.bungie.org]Bungie Sightings[/url]
  • edited December 1969
    [b]Plugin worked where Quicktime wouldn't![/b]

Thanks Freewill!

After much fighting, curising, installing, uninstalling, updating Quicktime - I finally tried that plugin you mentioned. Of course, it worked great! It's a excellent little program. All the options it gives you are awesome. I'm not a big time Quicktime user, but the feature that Alternatiff gives you makes Quicktime look like a newbie. =)

Darklord

[quote]
    Otherwise, you can try a different PC TIFF browser plug-in, like
    the one they mentioned in their HELP page :) Try here:

http://www.mieweb.com/alternatiff/ Good luck!

- F

[/quote]