Spider-Man, must-see movie!

edited May 2002 in General Discussion

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Great story, great actors, great direction, great sound! What can I say, my family liked it. :-)

Bungie Sightings
  • edited December 1969
    Hell Yeah (nt) [nt]

• edited December 1969
    Re: Spider-Man, must-see movie!(warning: semi-spoiler)
    Great story, great actors, great direction, great sound! What
    can I say, my family liked it. :-)
    'cept who the hell made his costume? heh...
  • edited December 1969
    Totally agree, and ...

Saw Spidey second time today!

Sam Raimi is THE MAN!

_/ C

• edited December 1969
    Re: Spider-Man, must-see movie!(warning: semi-spoiler)
    'cept who the hell made his costume? heh...
    He did. I imagine the heart-stopping thrills of the big sewing scene ended up on the cutting room floor.

• edited December 1969
    a question

For a guy who seriously dislikes comic book movies (except Xmen), is Spidey appealing enough? I hated Batman, Blade, Spawn, and a few others. Well, Judge Dred was at least entertaining (and had two uber-fine hoes). Also, I don't much care for Kirsten, though her ta-tas are rather prominent in previews.

S
  • edited December 1969
    Try it, you might like it

Spidey has one of the more morally tangly plots in comicdom. To me, it's just a really interesting story. There is somewhat of a hit-the-kids-over-the-head-with-the-moral aspect to the movie, but all in all, I liked the scripting. The only real character though is Peter Parker. All the rest are 2 1/2 D at best.

The story and FX are what it's all about. And don't go for Kirsten's dynamic duo alone, you've seen in the previews about what you'll see in the film. She does do a passable job with a horribly hobbled part. What should I expect from a comic book movie, a real female character?

Anyway, it's not full-on comic, but it's a bit melodromatic for a "normal" movie. I'd say ive it a shot.

_/ C

• edited December 1969
    Re: Try it, you might like it
    The story and FX are what it's all about. And don't go for
    Kirsten's dynamic duo alone, you've seen in the previews about
    what you'll see in the film.
    I was actually (pleasantly) surprised at the quantity and quality of views presented of Kirsten Dunst's external anterior thorax (though of course nothing that would satisfy Sliver's insatiable need for actual flesh -- it's rated PG13 after all). They managed to dress her in fairly revealing costumes through most of the flick, and there were some lovely scenes in the rain that gratuitously emphasized her wet top. Hey, she's got 'em, she might as well flaunt 'em.

If my wife ever sees this post, I will deny that I made it. It's clearly the work of a highly-skilled hacker.

Blobs of Glup
  • edited December 1969
    Bloodrain won't be able to come out and play for a while boys.

he'll be pondering the errors of his ways while he recovers from the surgery

Bloodrain's wife
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Totally agree, and ...
    Saw Spidey second time today!

Sam Raimi is THE MAN!

_/ C
    But we've known this since Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2, right? :^)

Ratbert #CP#Z
  • edited December 1969
    Okay, who spotted Ms Lawless ?

I spotted Bruce Campbell and Ted Raimi right off, but missed Lucy Lawless.

You have to know Sam is loyal, his brother and buddy always get work when he does.

• edited December 1969
    Re: Okay, who spotted Ms Lawless ?
    I spotted Bruce Campbell and Ted Raimi right off, but missed
    Lucy Lawless.

You have to know Sam is loyal, his brother and buddy always get
    work when he does.
    The most bizarre Bruce Campbell spotting I pulled off was as the soap opera star on TV in Fargo. Caught it the first time, through all the static and with no foreknowledge. :^)
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Okay, who spotted Ms Lawless ?
    I spotted Bruce Campbell and Ted Raimi right off, but missed
    Lucy Lawless.
    I missed her too, but when we saw the credits, it all came flooding back. (I think it was the blond wig... and really, she's in it for only about 3 seconds.)
  • edited December 1969
    [b]others...[/b]

[quote]
    I missed her too, but when we saw the credits, it all came
    flooding back. (I think it was the blond wig... and really,
    she's in it for only about 3 seconds.)

[/quote]
    - Randy "The Macho Man" Savage

- Ed Norton (only fans of Opie and Anthony will get that one)

- I think a few others, of course now I'm drawing a blank. Wasn't the guy in the same shot with Lucy Lawless also a cameo?

I really liked Raimi's work on the film, I hope he can pull it off again on the sequel. His film's always have such 'soul' I don't know how else to put it.

Check out http://www.spiderman.sonypictures.com/ , there's a short interview they did with Randy, he does his little act but he also chats about how happy he was to be in such a big film. I thought it was rather touching. (click on 'site map' at the top and then select the "BoneSaw McGraw" video item)

- F

• edited December 1969
    You did spot Stan Lee, right? ;) [nt]