BOOOOO I say to Blizzard: Blood Elf & Dranei Playables

edited August 2006 in WoW: General

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Well... There is now no difference between Alliance and Horde (with the exception of the very minro Racials specifics)

Blood Elves Playable Classes:
    Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Mage, Warlock

Draenei Playable Classes:
    Warrior, Hunter, Paladin, Priest, Mage.

... oh wait I forgot some...
    Blood Elves ---> PALADIN
    Draenei
    > SHAMAN

Seriously wtf?
  • edited December 1969
    Well, there are a few reasons for the paladin / shaman cross-over. The first is that this is their simple way to remove the current raid imbalance between the factions. This imbalance basically stems from the fact that paladin buffs far outweigh shaman buffs in many ways. A second reason is that by allowing both factions the same classes, they can now introduce raid bosses that will require having one or the other class. Up until now, that kind of a situation would have clearly been bad.

When I first heard the news, I was torn. In the end, I think it's a good thing. I'm hoping that with lvls 60-70, they can improve the role that shamans currently play in end game raiding. Right now, shamans are treated as the lesser healers and the poison cleansers, essentially. I'm hoping they can add skills and talents which would allow Enhancement and Elemental shamans to actually fill a role in a useful way that wouldn't have been better used on a mage or rogue. I guess we'll see.

Ciao!
    Garu