Diablo II - BC? BR?

edited July 2001 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969
    so doods, when you getting the game, or has real life taken over (:

So far I've been playing with Kalli, Storm, FC, Ramses, Zilla, and Sternn just recently purchased. Kalli, Storm, FC and Ramses are seasoned vets that will be happy to show you the ropes and get you up to speed. Zilla, and Sternn being a newbie play more my 'speed' - that is, wander slowly checking most everything out - though even the 'veterans' don't mind starting a new character so they can try something wacky.

So when you guys going to hop on board? (:

Conner

• edited December 1969
    Man I so wanted to get the upgrade ...

and all my PC, Dreamcast and Nintendo games are still in Move Limbo (if they ever made it to our new house at all! ARRRGH!)

I have the D2 play CD, but I currently have neither the install CD nor the serial number. D'oh!

Whenever those games show up again I'll either spend a week reliving Super Mario World or go out and buy the D2 expansion ;-)

_/ C

• edited December 1969
    Re: Diablo II - BC? BR?
    so doods, when you getting the game, or has real life taken over
    Got it, but yes... I have not even had a chance to load it, let alone try to play it. I can barely squeeze in a few minutes for Baldur's Gate (which I also just got) every few days. I'd like to join you, but I can't predict when I'll have enough time to do it. (I will load it up this afternoon, though, if I can.)

I'll keep you posted.
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Diablo II - BC? BR?
    so doods, when you getting the game, or has real life taken over
    (:
    I have D II now and just finished Act I last night. Are you guys playing the original or LoD? I wanted to play it once through by myself and then I am planning to by LoD and hop on-line. I can't stand not having some of the LoD enhancements (or at least what I read they are supposed to be) like bigger stashes and the ability to heal your hires w/ potions...

mh

charon.gif
  • edited December 1969
    LoD on US west

Just do /w *ramsesiicp to send me a whisper. ;-)

I think we should bring back Plaidventures for this so we can all have a set night to play a set character that we'll know is at similar levels to the rest of the party. Aside from that I and Kalli are on just about every night with a variety of characters, although once you get some experience the early levels (1-30) are pretty much just setups for the real fun at the high difficulties.

When Kalli, FC, and I went through most of NM together in the XP it was loads of fun, hopefully FC will get back on sometime so we can do hell.

Ramses II
  • edited December 1969
    Re: LoD on US west
    Just do /w *ramsesiicp to send me a whisper. ;-)
    I loaded up LoD and launched an assassin named PluieDeSang on USWest. I looked for you a couple of times, Rams, but you weren't on. (And CPHL was down with the rest of CP.) I took Pluie up to Level 4, but intentionally did not finish any quests (which is rather limiting) in the hopes of grouping together with a bunch of y'all.

Any thoughts on assassin skill paths? And is it worth tossing a chipped stone into a single socket weapon at an early stage of the game, or should I just wait?

My playing times are limited -- weekend days are actually the most likely for me, although some earlyish evenings might be workable. (Once Abby is down for the night, usually around 9 or 10 Central time, her room -- which houses the computer -- is pretty much unavailable.)
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Man I so wanted to get the upgrade ...

all you need is the play cd i think. I know you don't need your old serial number...just the new one that comes with the exp.

Spit

ispiton.jpg
  • edited December 1969
    CP HL
    (And CPHL was down with the rest of CP.)
    When CP.net went down, the DNS went down, but CP HL was still running.

Its address is 216.181.24.142 and can be used even when the Web server is not running. This is not the case with the hotline.clanplaid.net address.

Bookmark that IP address 8)

--MuffinHead

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    On a PC, you need the 'install' and 'play' disks from D2 to be able to upgrade. [nt]

• edited December 1969
    Re: On a PC, you need the 'install' and 'play' disks from D2 to be able to upgrade.

Come to think of it...I do seem to remember a long install again.

Oh well, sorry Carch :)

Spit

ispiton.jpg
  • edited December 1969
    More notes on LoD
    I loaded up LoD and launched an assassin named PluieDeSang on
    USWest. I looked for you a couple of times, Rams, but you
    weren't on. (And CPHL was down with the rest of CP.) I took
    Pluie up to Level 4, but intentionally did not finish any quests
    (which is rather limiting) in the hopes of grouping together
    with a bunch of y'all.
    This is certainly odd since I'm on, honestly, every day. You're East Coast right? Me too now, and I usually hop on between 5 and 6 and hang around until late or we're done. I was on vacation since Friday this weekend, but before that I can't think of a day that I wasn't on for at least an hour between 5 and 10 EST. If I'm not there Kalli usually is too, at *kalliicp (Note the double i).

Aside from /w, which is whisper, a /whois *ramsesiicp will show if I'm in a game or a channel anywhere on West with any character. Also perhaps limitedly useful are:

/who clan plaid will show if there's anyone in the CP channel

Trying to start a game named plaid/clan (Or plaidn/clan, plaidh/clan, plaid2/clan, etc.) will show if there's such a game out there, even if your character isn't high enough level to join it. I find it's quicker to do the try to start than try to join, but then it takes me forever to join games anyway.

If yer on alone start a game called plaid/clan or sit in the Clan Plaid channel and someone will happen along.

If you're on East or elsewhere it is possible to message people across the realms, but I've forgotten how to do it. I think it's (charactername)@realm (i.e. /w Ramazon@uswest (message) and doesn't work with logins.
    Any thoughts on assassin skill paths? And is it worth tossing a
    chipped stone into a single socket weapon at an early stage of
    the game, or should I just wait?
    Venom is currently a lovely skill for assassins. Traps are underpowered for hell difficulty, but fun. I always burn my low end gems at early levels, it's much more fun to use them than to have them taking up space in your inventory for 20 levels.
    My playing times are limited -- weekend days are actually the
    most likely for me, although some earlyish evenings might be
    workable. (Once Abby is down for the night, usually around 9 or
    10 Central time, her room -- which houses the computer -- is
    pretty much unavailable.)
    Weekday evenings are about the best time for me, and I stay up 'till 2 am or so EST unless we're heavily into a quest or break up early.

Ramses II
  • edited December 1969
    Re: More notes on LoD
    Aside from /w, which is whisper, a /whois *ramsesiicp will show
    if I'm in a game or a channel anywhere on West with any
    character. Also perhaps limitedly useful are:
    I was trying /whois *ramsesiicp and getting a "user is not logged on" message. Must have been a timing issue.
    /who clan plaid will show if there's anyone in the CP channel
    I will check that out in future. I didn't know we had a regular channel. 8-) I also didn't know (or didn't remember) the game naming convention you detailed in your post.
    Weekday evenings are about the best time for me, and I stay up
    'till 2 am or so EST unless we're heavily into a quest or break
    up early.
    I'll look for you when I get on. I am in Chicago, so if you're on at 5-6 pm EDT, I might be on a couple of hours later. Probably not for very long during a weekday though -- my current schedule is, get home around 6:30 (CDT), dinner, play with Abby a little, do the dishes, maybe play online a bit, then Abby goes down between 8:30 and 10:00, at which point the computer is unavailable.

What level have you guys reached with your start-over characters? Have you completed Act I quests? Can I finish one or two with a clear conscience?
  • edited December 1969
    Do s'many quests as ya want (vlt)

We can always start new characters, or catch you up to our current characters fairly easily, and with so many people on at so many different times it's difficult to keep levels similar anyway.

RII
  • edited December 1969
    OK, so NOW where were you?
    We can always start new characters, or catch you up to our
    current characters fairly easily, and with so many people on at
    so many different times it's difficult to keep levels similar
    anyway.
    I was on last night. The Clan Plaid channel was empty, and nobody was in a Plaid game (though I joined one that had junk lying around on the ground -- are games a lot more persistent than they used to be?).

Anyway, I will keep trying to find you folks. Meanwhile, PluieDeSang is working her way up the charts. Clvl 5 now! Woo! (Heh.)
  • edited December 1969
    You jest!

Kalli, FC, and I were on all night. There was one period of, say, 40 minutes where I was on but AFK (Didn't catch any whispers), and one or two reboot/reconnects for a few minutes but other than that I was literally on all night. We did Hell A1 until 3 am EST. ;-)

It's typical for the channel to be empty unless a game is gathering because (For me at least) I have to go to extraordinairy lengths to make my CD spin down during chat in the channels, so I sit in games. If you joined a pre-existing game then one of us had just been there. :-)

If I'm not around be sure you're trying

/w *kalliicp or *firechief or *conner_cp or *stormcp

I can't think of any others offhand... Games hang around longer the longer the players have been in them, but for a max of maybe 3-5 minutes so you *just* missed somebody. I'm about (10 minutes, call it 5:30 EST) to hop on now. ;-)

Ramses II
  • edited December 1969
    Diablo II

Hi, i´m spanish boy, i speak a bit of english, but i need the serial number of Diablo II. Can you send me the serial number of Diablo II???
    Thanks...
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Diablo II
    Hi, i´m spanish boy, i speak a bit of english, but i need the
    serial number of Diablo II. Can you send me the serial number of
    Diablo II???
    Thanks...
    Sorry, but we don't trade in warez or software piracy assistance here.
  • edited December 1969
    OK, but just this once....
    Hi, i´m spanish boy, i speak a bit of english, but i need the
    serial number of Diablo II. Can you send me the serial number of
    Diablo II???
    Thanks...
    I4AM 6A7D ICK2 HED3

Please do not give this to anyone else. It is just for your usage.

N8

^A^ Apoc Home Page
  • edited December 1969

Hello,I have a problem finding a serial number for diablo 2.I have the cds but not the serial number and I can't install it.Please send me a serial number if you can.
    Thank you..
  • edited December 1969
    Hello,I have a problem finding a serial number for diablo 2.I
    have the cds but not the serial number and I can't install
    it.
    The number is on a sticker on the jewel case of the CD. It's kind of hard to miss. Oh, and it's called a CD-Key, not a serial number. They do that so that you have to buy the game to play it. Funny that.

charon.gif
  • edited December 1969
    Hello,I have a problem finding a serial number for diablo 2.I
    have the cds but not the serial number and I can't install
    it.Please send me a serial number if you can.
    Thank you..
    Here's my serial # for Diablo II, go ahead and use it and post it anywhere you like:

FUT2-CK1X-Y3CY-OUM6

And here's my Quake 3 arena key, too:

ASGPSHVJH8POLE2X

_/ C

• edited December 1969
    [b]FAQ: WHERE DID MY POST GO?[/b]

Well, see I deleted it. We don't deal in serial numbers, warez, pr0n, or other sundry details here. Nor do we support others who do. Please take it elsewhere, or even better, buy the games. The box art is worth it!

[img]http://www.clanplaid.net/~charon/charon.gif[/img]
  • edited December 1969
    heh, I've deleted a few myself lately ;-) [nt]

• edited December 1969
    [b]How to ...[/b]

[quote]
    Here's my serial # for Diablo II, go ahead and use it and post
    it anywhere you like:

FUT2-CK1X-Y3CY-OUM6

And here's my Quake 3 arena key, too:

ASGPSHVJH8POLE2X

_/ C

[/quote]
    How to change your diablo II lod cd key in the registery?
    Hope anyone can help me.
    my e-mail = santegoeds@home.nl

=-Bye-=

• edited December 1969
    lol! [nt]

• edited December 1969
    [b]Try this...[/b]

[quote]
    How to change your diablo II lod cd key in the registery?
    Hope anyone can help me.
    my e-mail = santegoeds@home.nl =-Bye-=

[/quote]
    E-mail Blizzard. I hear they are real helpful when it come to this problem. If that doesn't work, the price has come down a bit so you can get yourself a backup copy pretty cheap for your pirated version. Finally, don't expect any more help from us. :P

[img]http://www.clanplaid.net/~charon/charon.gif[/img]
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Diablo II [nt]

• edited December 1969
    Re: Diablo II [nt]