[Cinnibar] Mechwarrior 4

edited August 2001 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Hi. I'm not dead, I'm jsut killing things elsewhere.

Jsut wanted to stop in, say "Hi!" and let you guys know that I'm still aroudn and kickin.

Waving an open invite to the rest of the Plaiddies to join us.
  • edited December 1969
    How do we know this isn't Pixel?
    Hi. I'm not dead, I'm jsut killing things elsewhere.
    This could be your cat talking (typing?) and not you. I know he's smart enough to log on using your name/passwords. He even plays a good game of Myth.

Are you reeeely not dead?

Darklord

• edited December 1969
    Re: How do we know this isn't Pixel?

Ok, fine, it's Pixel.

Cinni is tied up and gagged in the closet while I order lots of toy mice with his credit card on the internet.
  • edited December 1969
    u s00k

You owe me a backgammon game, you wanker!

--MuffinHead

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    I knew cat's were hiding something.

They can talk! Uh oh... now that I know their secret, they'll be out to silence me. I'll have to get lots of catnip and some wooden stakes... maybe some holy water.

I played a couple M4 games with Nate and Cinnibar last night and Bcom (a piece of software that allows you to talk like you're on a conference call while gaming) rocks. Playing a real time strategy game while talking w/your team is a whole other world. This program is smooth and easy and lagless. I had a blast; Nate running around in his big 'ole honkin mech blasting the hell out of the enemy like a pissed off robot monster in a Japanese sci-fi flick while Cinnibar is like Robert Duval in Appocalypse Now. He just calmly walks around in a field of havoc, doing whatever he wants, shooting down anything that is stupid enough to get his attention. Just hanging back and watching them work together while listening in on their combat communications is cool.

Great fun. The game's not at all like a first person shooter. It's more like a simulator. You drive these big machines, each with it's own strengths and weaknesses, against another team of up to 16 players total in either elimination type bouts, King of the Hill or Capture the Flag. It's not about the biggest gun with the fastest connection wins. It's all team work and strategy.

I joined the Clan Plaid lance of Appocalypse (a competition league clan put together by Nate and Saracen from Tribes1). Their ladder standing will probably start dropping now, but it'll be fun. ;)

-Croaker #CP#V-
  • edited December 1969
    Re: I knew cat's were hiding something.

Heh, I'm not THAT good. I just have good support.
    while Cinnibar is like Robert Duval in Appocalypse
    Now. He just calmly walks around in a field of havoc, doing
    whatever he wants, shooting down anything that is stupid enough
    to get his attention.
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Mechwarrior 4

Wowsers... how you doing, cinni? :)

• edited December 1969
    Wowsers... how you doing, cinni? :)
    Fine, I guess. Nothing exciting happening in my life.
  • edited December 1969
    Fine, I guess. Nothing exciting happening in my life.
    That definitely means you're doing fine. ;)