[rojay] Neverwinter Nights 3rd Party Modules?

edited July 2002 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Anyone downloaded and played any fan-made modules yet? I finished the single player campaign some time ago, and I'm wondering if there are any good quality mods out there.

Woo?
  • edited December 1969
    My question is...
    Anyone downloaded and played any fan-made modules yet? I
    finished the single player campaign some time ago, and I'm
    wondering if there are any good quality mods out there.

Woo?
    How the hell are you guys finishing it so fast? I thought I was half way finished...Heh...not by a long shot...

Working like a......a......something that works alot!

;-)

McGyver
  • edited December 1969
    Re: My question is...
    How the hell are you guys finishing it so fast? I thought I was
    half way finished...Heh...not by a long shot...

Working like a......a......something that works alot!

;-)

McGyver
    Couple hours a night did the trick for me. I may have missed some side quests too. I didn't do all of the henchmen quests, for example.

I dl'd a couple of modules recently that seem to be okay. Penultima 0 (Penultima city) and Penultima 1 (Pest Control). The first is just a place to shop, and includes a place where you can "train" (level up to level 4) quickly.

I only have about 10 minutes into the Pest Control module, so I can't really comment. The dialog is not too bad on the city though, the guy who designed it is at least literate.
  • edited December 1969
    [b]Re: Neverwinter Nights 3rd Party Modules?[/b]

I had a little bit of an "eh" reaction to the official campaign, so I'm waiting a bit and playing other games before trying any user-made NWN modules (to give the authors time to really learn and polish). I assume that NW Vault is the best collection of modules... I'm keeping my eye on the HCR modules, as well as some of the remakes of familiar modules like KotB, the "G" series, and Ravenloft.

Then there's this one... O_o

• edited December 1969
    Re: Neverwinter Nights 3rd Party Modules?
    I had a little bit of an "eh" reaction to the official
    campaign, so I'm waiting a bit and playing other games before
    trying any user-made NWN modules (to give the authors time to
    really learn and polish). I assume that NW Vault is the best
    collection of modules... I'm keeping my eye on the HCR modules,
    as well as some of the remakes of familiar modules like KotB,
    the "G" series, and Ravenloft.

Then there's this one ... O_o
    I've downloaded and played a bit of Keep on the Borderlands. It's pretty well done, IMO. It would likely be more interesting played with 2 or 3 people though. Neverwinter Vault has a ton of modules, and their rating system looks to be okay, if not perfect. Then again, I don't know how they could improve it...