[ghost dog] Star Wars Episode II title announced

edited August 2001 in General Discussion

Comments

• edited December 1969
    this has to be a joke...

attack of the clones????? lol
  • edited December 1969
    Come on, it's the fifth in a series

They have to make some serious blunders along the way.

The title is totally in keeping with the whole tone of the series as far as I am concerned (old serials).

In addition, the 'Clone Wars' have been a significant part of the 'Star Wars' mythology for some time.

Also think of the savings they are planning to make in actors.

"Okay, today we are casting the part of a vast army of warriors."

"I think that guy has the look we want."

"Works for me... Thank you everyone."

"Get the CGI guys started out making the models of him."

With only one image to model they will even save a lot on the CGI. Whoever they choose does maybe a dozen lines to establish the clone personality and then they shoot a couple of dozen live shots and you avoid the need for hundreds of extras and perhaps 8-10 character actors.

You want thousands of them all talking at once or screaming bloody murder as they charge a post. IBM has the technology to generate all that for you from a voice sample.

• edited December 1969
    I Agree SJ, but....
    They have to make some serious blunders along the way.

The title is totally in keeping with the whole tone of the
    series as far as I am concerned (old serials).

In addition, the 'Clone Wars' have been a significant part of
    the 'Star Wars' mythology for some time.
    I agree with the old Saturday matinee theme that he is trying to achieve...but "attack of the Clones" is gonna get him ripped royally in the news and movie circles...It gets WAY to close to the name of the song "Send in the Clowns"...I know that is the first thing that I thought of when I saw the new name.

I do agree with the clone war angle though. That is a subject that has been thrown around since the first movie, and in many of the books that have come out since. I think if Lucas would have been smart, he would have just named it "Star Wars: The Clone Wars". To me it has a bit more of, if not a sinister sense to it, a more definitive ring. I think that anything would have been better than what he named it...
    Also think of the savings they are planning to make in actors.

"Okay, today we are casting the part of a vast army of
    warriors."

"I think that guy has the look we want."

"Works for me... Thank you everyone."

"Get the CGI guys started out making the models of
    him."

With only one image to model they will even save a lot on the
    CGI. Whoever they choose does maybe a dozen lines to establish
    the clone personality and then they shoot a couple of dozen live
    shots and you avoid the need for hundreds of extras and perhaps
    8-10 character actors.

You want thousands of them all talking at once or screaming
    bloody murder as they charge a post. IBM has the technology to
    generate all that for you from a voice sample.
    Here, you are right on the money. With one or two actors, he can create an army that would rival any ever raised. And by using several sound bites, they can make it appear that it is literally an "Army of One"...one person multiplied by the thousands...

McGyver

• axxaxx
    edited December 1969
    [b]Best joke i've seen of it[/b]

Star wars II: When Clones Attack!

Only on fox.

Reguardless of the name, there is no way I'm seeing this after Episode I. Knowing Lucas, the 'clones' are Jar Jars.. ;)

-ax
  • edited December 1969
    This is why Georgio is a gazillionaire...

and we are not.

Pure marketing genius. What better way to drum up early buzz for the picture than to give it a controversial name?

"there ain't no such thing as bad press"

_/ C

p.s. of course, all the fanboys who are pissing and moaning now will be bringin a spare set of shorts to whatever film the first trailer is attached to...

• edited December 1969
    Good News...
    Star wars II: When Clones Attack!

Only on fox.

Reguardless of the name, there is no way I'm seeing this after
    Episode I. Knowing Lucas, the 'clones' are Jar Jars.. ;)

-ax
    I totally agree that the name is ASS, aven Ewan McGregor blasted it saying "It's a terrible terrible name..." at a recent movie dinner. However.... inside info from one of Jays friends who worked at Skywalker Ranch during both I and II said that this film is actually going to not suck.. He hated Ep I, and did it only for the resume line, but has actually gotten behind II. *shrug* I heard it from a friend who heard it frm a freind who heard it from a friend who... but I trust Jay.

The name bites, but apparently Jar Jar has only a minor role this time around. (that he appears at all is a bad thing.. but...) Maybe we were simply fools for thinking that George was 'cool' for 20 years. But if I had Ron Howard and Steven Spielberg hanging at my house.. you know damn well that I'd ask them if my fly was open script-wise/story-wise/name-wise/etc.

Anyhoo...

It's only $5.50, and there is nuttin to do in this town other than go to movies. *8)

-Santa

Killer Clones From Outer Space (Do you have Stairs in your house?)