Satellite Internet more viable - Mac users too!

edited April 2002 in General Discussion

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Though never hailed for it's latency speeds, for those of you that can't get DSL or Cable, it's your best bet for hi-speed-ish access. However, until now it was relegated to PC users only. It is no longer one-way, it is two-way, offering 400kbs speeds. The latency speed issue will affect those of you that would prefer to host online games... it usually can't be done, but who knows, this new system may have taken some steps to alleviate that:

Model DW4020 Features Self-Hosted Operation and Ethernet LAN Hub

This is great news and hopefully some of you Mac and PC users will benefit from it. A Mac user over at Macintouch.com mentioned that the DirecTV/DirecWay sales person didn't have anything to sell just yet and to call back in a matter of days.

What they mean by 'self-hosted' is that the old system forced you to add a proprietary PCI card in your PC. Now it's all self-contained, like mother nature intended. :-)

I recall that Spam and I discussed Satellite. And Inf, maybe this will finally get you something better than the puny 56k connect you have now.

- F

[url=http://bs.bungie.org/]Bungie Sightings[/url]
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Satellite Internet more viable - Mac users too!

Baja Sur Real Estate East Cape Beachfront lots for Sale
  • edited December 1969
    Great, now we are getting spam messages here...

Things that piss me off....

Mail that has the words 'you may already be a winner'

Telemarketers that can't figure you name out BEFORE they call

Mortgage companies that tell me they can beat my mortgage rate, and they CAN'T

Spam Email

and now, Spam message board replies...

I need a beer....sigh...

McGyver