It has to be said...

edited March 2004 in General Discussion

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Planetside just kicks ass all over the place.

I'm not all that much of an FPS fan, and I'm definitely not an MMO fan, but this game has hooked me like no other since Myth (and years before Myth, Air Warrior). Halo can not compare.

If you've got a PC, check it out!

_/ C's Site o' Fun
  • edited December 1969
    This better be good...
    Planetside just kicks ass all over the place.

I'm not all that much of an FPS fan, and I'm definitely not an
    MMO fan, but this game has hooked me like no other since Myth
    (and years before Myth, Air Warrior). Halo can not compare.

If you've got a PC, check it out!
    OK... I bought it today for $15.99. Don't make me come over there. :0
    I'll report my ratings soon.

N8

• edited December 1969
    Tried it, played it, got out of it (Nate read this)

Planetside ROCKS, but eventually I realized that I'd never make any real progress since the battle lasts forever, and I'd simply be leveling myself up but in a different context. Give the trial a try, but its basically FPS Everquest with a great game structure, playing style, and character development. But, to me, it's still in the end a MMO. But it is fun, I'll give it that. I quit my account a month ago.
  • edited December 1969
    Let me know your handle...

I'll try to be on at the same time.

Planetside is MUCH more fun when you're playing with a group!

_/ C's Site o' Fun
  • edited December 1969
    I take exception...
    "its basically FPS Everquest"
    The fundamental difference is that Everquest is you vs. the environment, where Planetside is you vs hundreds of other players gunning for your butt. Once you get in the action, it's pretty much non-stop action. Even when things slow down it's easy to find more action.

You're right in that the character development is limited -- it's capped at 20 levels. However, there are many roles to play. You can switch your points to try out different things (Special Ops, Pilots, Battlefield medics, Artillery, the list goes on).

I honestly don't know how long I'll stay hooked... I think that depends on what features get added. A lot of exciting features are in the works for this month's update, including rewarding players for successfully defending a position, and the notion of "capitals" which are larger bases with stronger defenses to make things even more challenging.

I think I'll be doing a more full-featured writeup for C's Site o' Fun after I've tried out a few other roles and got a little more experience under my belt. I've been playing it pretty much non-stop for the past few weeks though! Of course I've taken the occasional break for little things like work... meals... you get the picture :)

_/ C's Site o' Fun
  • edited December 1969
    Ok....

Right now I'm doing 4 HOURS of patching!

Later , I go to my Board gamners nite. MB,i'll get to try the trainer late tonite... I'll let you know who/when soon.
    Thanks for the invite. :)

I still have no idea what my handle will be, or even what server,and side I will be on.. any tips?

N8