Hail Plaid!

edited August 2006 in WoW: General

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Hey all you Plaidies!

Long time, eh? I've been checking on on the website every so often and saw quite the update this last time around. Dig it.

So I noticed that you've got a bit of a WoW community here and that perked my interest. As you can (hopefully) see from sig, I've spent my share of time in Azeroth. Right now I'm sitting on a cancelled account but news of the x-pac has me thinking about coming back. Lack of smaller group content drove me away and it looks like the x-pac might change that.

I was curious if you all play on the same server(s) and what time most of you are on? Do you all raid religiously or not at all or what? Crazy hardcore PvPers or soft carebears (like me!)? It looks like most of ya play Horde so I don't need to ask that one. Let me know what's up, will ya?

Hope everyone is well!
    Sven of Nine
  • edited December 1969
    The majority of us tend to be Horde based in the Staghelm realm. We have a tri-guild alliance that allows us to raid if you want to do that. We have cleared Ony, ZG, & MC. Expect to start BWL in about a month. Have gotten through 3 bosses (I think) in AQ 20.

There are other CP'ers on other servers as well So you'd have to ask them about that.

We had one former CP'er who made Rank 14 with his new guild (which is in Naxx). And with cross-realm BGs now there is always PvP to do. Also the world PvP in EPL and Silly.
  • edited December 1969
    Heya Sven. As Vrag said, we have about every style of play going on. I too am into 5 man content (as are a few others), so I am extremely looking forward to BC.
    Hope to see you around.

Spit
  • edited December 1969
    svenofnine wrote:
    So I noticed that you've got a bit of a WoW community here and that perked my interest. As you can (hopefully) see from sig, I've spent my share of time in Azeroth. Right now I'm sitting on a cancelled account but news of the x-pac has me thinking about coming back. Lack of smaller group content drove me away and it looks like the x-pac might change that.

I was curious if you all play on the same server(s) and what time most of you are on? Do you all raid religiously or not at all or what? Crazy hardcore PvPers or soft carebears (like me!)? It looks like most of ya play Horde so I don't need to ask that one. Let me know what's up, will ya?

Hope everyone is well!
    Sven of Nine
    Some people have answered, I'll answer myself.

Question the First: We started as horde on Alleria, moved to Alliance on Stormscale, and most Plaid that I know of play now (most of the time) as horde on Staghelm. Even Stormtalon dropped by although he's been scarce lately. Come back Stormtalon, please! :D

You can find us every night from 5pm-12pm or so server time. Some nights there's a good dozen, usually we average 6 or 7 online at any given time.

Q#2: Depends on your definition of religiously. :) There's a core group of 5 or 6 of us who do MC/Onyxia on the weekends with Blighted. (see www.blightedofstaghelm.com) Some weekday evenings there are AQ/ZG raids. I usually show up on a one or two of those nights, too. We, with our raiding partners Blighted and Excalibur Knights, have defeated Molten Core, Onyxia, most of ZG including Hakkar, and four bosses in AQ20. (Kurinaxx, Rajaxx, Moam and Baru)

Raiding is not a requirement, and is a pretty casual take-what-comes affair. The raid leaders at Blighted have done a good job at keeping things focused yet not arduous or draconian, imho.

Q#3: A few of us have done some pvp, and we even played as alliance for a time on the pvp server Stormscale. I did a couple or three months of serious Battlegrounds achieving rank 11 and my swift war mount. Lino and Kalli have both made rank 10, if I recall. Not sure of the progress of current pvp'ers like Cull and Gantu... as Vrag mentioned, that damn fool Garumako made great life sacrifices to attain the High Warlordship. I warned him! Don't take that path! :D

Q#4: What's up you say? Well Vrag recently got his Sinew drop so we're going to be off fighting dragons soon I'm sure. Some of us even transfered our first Alleria characters over and still have to get them up to snuff.

Come and join us if you like, we do need more numbers to do the 5-man stuff some more.
  • edited December 1969
    Thanks for all the speedy replies! I'd be a little worried about playing on a CST server as I'm generally a late nighter on PST. Don't know how much I'd see any of you as I'd probably be logging on around midnight Staghelm server time. Anyway, thanks again for all the info and I'll definitely keep you all in mind!
  • edited December 1969
    Hey Sven. Afew of us are west coasters (Myself, Mori, Deac, and a couple more mb) plus the other guys quite often stay till midnight plus on PST-late nights for them!. When i am on is usually between 9 and 1 PST.

Spit
  • edited December 1969
    Yes, oftentimes things never really get rolling until 10-11pm server time. Though we usually wrap things up before 2am server time...

There's still the odd exception though :)
  • edited December 1969
    Aye, don't let the time issue scare you off, we have a pretty consistent group for 5-man runs in the 10pm to 1am PST block.