[A-Bomber] WW2 online, as per Tofu's post

edited June 2001 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969
    OK I wanted to wait a while longer to post about WW2OL but since Tofu started, I'd thought I would post my analysis and critique.

1. This game was shipped in an early beta state, no doubt. It has bugs all over the place, and huge ram and system requirements. ( the latest patch has alleviated this a bit).

2. Nate, it doesn't take hours to get to the front lines to fight. It CAN take that long but if you want to, you can spawn no more than 5-10 minutes from a battle. The clock is currently stopped on monthly payment until CRS gets their game in a more feature-filled state. (If you don't know how to spawn in a specific city, i'll be happy to tell you.)

3. This game ROCKS SO MUCH FREAKING A#@#$%%#@, as it stands. But! If and when some of us folks here get together and actually worked as a team...well that would be mind blowing. As it stands very few folks work together, they just throw themselves headlong into battle one at a time and try to rack up the kills. Heh, I pity the fools who come up against an actual platoon of 15-20 folks driving tanks, infantry, 88s or what have you.

4. My final verdict on the game is if you LOVE wargames, and more improtantly realistic wargames, where actual skill is involved to win, then get it now. Hey there's no monthly fee right now eh?
    If you're anything other than the above, wait to pick it up. I'll even come back and give it a thumbs up if/when it's completed.

There is nothing like seeing fellow tanks in a right echelon formation, heading with halftracks and 88s towards a town. The only problem is I have only seen this teamwork on a very small scale. It can work but it requires people who trust each other and more importantly, KNOW each other. I can't think of a better place to start recruiting folks for this game than here.

Tofu, want to hook up sometime? My handle is Atomicb, I usually play on the server with the highest percent.
  • edited December 1969
    Re: WW2 online, as per Tofu's post

Wow, i agree with all of your post. Team work is the key.
    Tofu, want to hook up sometime? My handle is Atomicb, I usually
    play on the server with the highest percent.
    My handle is Tofux, i am on server 2 all the time.

I mostly tow 88's to nice spots and haul in troops around back to take the spawn point. My tank skills are better now, once i heard about how to take out a char. I only play as a German, as they are the underdog right now.

Tofu
  • edited December 1969
    Re: WW2 online, as per Tofu's post
    Wow, i agree with all of your post. Team work is the key.

My handle is Tofux, i am on server 2 all the time.

I mostly tow 88's to nice spots and haul in troops around back
    to take the spawn point. My tank skills are better now, once i
    heard about how to take out a char. I only play as a German, as
    they are the underdog right now.

Tofu
    Is WWII online final yet? Or are you two beta testers?

blackcat.jpg