Weekly Moo3 or EU2 game?

edited June 2003 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969
    I'm wondering if anyone is up for playing a multiplayer game like Moo3 or EU2 once a week. I was thinking a couple hours once a week on the same night. We could basically play until completion. The "small cluster" galaxy in Moo3 or the Fantasia scenario in EU2 would be good places to start. Anyone interested? I've read the Mac/PC versions of Moo3 play together but I'm not sure about EU2. How about Sunday afternoons/evenings/night?

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Weekly Moo3 or EU2 game?
    I'm wondering if anyone is up for playing a multiplayer game
    like Moo3 or EU2 once a week. I was thinking a couple hours once
    a week on the same night. We could basically play until
    completion. The "small cluster" galaxy in Moo3 or the
    Fantasia scenario in EU2 would be good places to start. Anyone
    interested? I've read the Mac/PC versions of Moo3 play together
    but I'm not sure about EU2. How about Sunday
    afternoons/evenings/night?
    Hard for me to plan for a regular game, unfortunately, what with an infant in the house. Plus, my play time these days tends to be limited to a couple of hours in the late evening (say, 9pm-midnight Chicago time), which could make for some very long games. Still, I am interested, so if there is enough additional interest I would be more than happy.

Blobs of Glup
  • edited December 1969
    I'm game

Sounds fun, count me in. I'd prefer EU2, since I've played MOO3 for all of five minutes. Those five minutes didn't impress me, so I've been waiting for the patch to get into it :)

-Mori

• edited December 1969
    Re: I'm game
    Sounds fun, count me in. I'd prefer EU2, since I've played MOO3
    for all of five minutes. Those five minutes didn't impress me,
    so I've been waiting for the patch to get into it :)
    Yeah, I think EU2 might be really neat to play multi (I don't think you can pause the game). As for Moo3... post-patch, the game is MUCH MUCH MUCH better. There are still some bugs... but I think they probably killed 150 or so (!). One advantage that Moo3 may have over EU2 is that the Small Cluster galaxy is actually pretty small... I think about 100 stars. From what I've seen with EU2, all scenarios are on the same map... which is very large.

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    Possible Yes

I have m003, but haven't played post-patch; it would be interesting to try it with human opponents, though. Most nights I can work around, but anything on Sundays would depend on my weekend plans - Sunday night being the preferred time.
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Possible Yes
    I have m003, but haven't played post-patch; it would be
    interesting to try it with human opponents, though. Most nights
    I can work around, but anything on Sundays would depend on my
    weekend plans - Sunday night being the preferred time.
    I would be willing to give it a shot in a small game (3-4 humans, a like or slightly larger number of AI?), with strict limits on any one game session -- preferably not more than 2 hours, say 9:30-11:30 pm, *maybe* 9:30-12:00. if we can stick to that timetable, I'm good on just about any night (though I prefer to leave Fridays and Saturdays open).

http://glup.blogspot.com
  • edited December 1969
    5 minute turns...
    I would be willing to give it a shot in a small game (3-4
    humans, a like or slightly larger number of AI?), with strict
    limits on any one game session -- preferably not more than 2
    hours, say 9:30-11:30 pm, *maybe* 9:30-12:00. if we can stick to
    that timetable, I'm good on just about any night (though I
    prefer to leave Fridays and Saturdays open).
    I'm open most every night at those times, too, with similar exceptions for Friday and Saturday.

I've played multiplayer pre-patch, but only in a cooperative sense--allied with a friend against a bunch of AIs. I'd definitely like to try human opponents.

Forcing a fast pace on turns and battles makes things pretty interesting, I find. Even with only 2 1/2 hours per night, if you put a 5 minute time limit on turns and a 2 minute limit on combats, you can still progress pretty far.

-Eye
  • edited December 1969
    Re: 5 minute turns...
    I've played multiplayer pre-patch, but only in a cooperative
    sense--allied with a friend against a bunch of AIs. I'd
    definitely like to try human opponents.

Forcing a fast pace on turns and battles makes things pretty
    interesting, I find. Even with only 2 1/2 hours per night, if
    you put a 5 minute time limit on turns and a 2 minute limit on
    combats, you can still progress pretty far.
    That might work. I might also like to try a cooperative game against the AI, which is now capable of kicking some ass.

And if anybody has a good pointer to a resource for beginning strategies (e.g., good devplans, ship designs and build paths for early in the game), I would appreciate that. Right now, my games tend to be fairly chaotic (leading to the AI mopping the galaxy with me).

Blobs of Glup
  • edited December 1969
    dont do fantasia...
    Yeah, I think EU2 might be really neat to play multi (I don't
    think you can pause the game). As for Moo3... post-patch, the
    game is MUCH MUCH MUCH better. There are still some bugs... but
    I think they probably killed 150 or so (!). One advantage that
    Moo3 may have over EU2 is that the Small Cluster galaxy is
    actually pretty small... I think about 100 stars. From what I've
    seen with EU2, all scenarios are on the same map... which is
    very large.
    EU2 is really designed with lots of diplomacy, trade, and politics in mind. While colonization is definitely a part of it, starting with 1 little state in the corner of the world with only 6 other countries on the entire world makes for a rather dull and uninteresting game. There's plenty of powers in the game which may not all be entirely equal, but can still make for an exciting game. For example, Spain, France, and Austria during the 1492 scenario.

I'd be game if I had a connection. ; ) I'm not sure how well eu2 multiplayer works or if it is cross platform, however...

Blackbeard / Mike