Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PeeCee)

edited January 2004 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Wow!

Just got this game and I am very impressd. solo only... But who wants to play with "real people" anymore, anyways. :)

I bought it for a couple of reasons. It got great reviews. (see link below)And, I want to see it on my current box: P4 1.7gh with a G4-4200 (lacking pixel shaders) and then see it on my new box I am getting next week: Athlon 64 bit 3400+ with a ATI Radeon 9800 XT (256MB vid ram).

So far... as a Noobe.. I love it. But I am just getting into it, and getting comfortable with the mechanics.

More later.

Cheers!

N8

Review of KOTOR
  • edited December 1969
    Just finished it

It only gets better as it goes on. Just an incredible game all around. It has a fairly complex plot, but at the same time it's very freeform. There are certain things you have to do to move the story along, but you can do them in any order you want. Quest you're on right now getting boring? Fly to another planet, start some new ones, and come back to it later.

Just when I thought I couldn't get excited about Star Wars anymore ;)

-Mori

• edited December 1969
    FYI

I haven't played the game, but I've heard great things too. From NWNs I've found that Bioware's forum system is pretty solid. Part of it is because most users are registered owners of the game, but a lot of it is just a higher than normal percentage of intelligent posters. If you want spoilers or have questions they are a solid place to look.

Ramses II
  • edited December 1969
    Re: FYI

I rented the Xbox version and played it for a while. Ultimately gave it back unfinished, but I plan to rent it again some day, if I don't break down and buy it. Nice story line(s), nice game mechanics, my only gripe is that for all the hoopla about how you can go either light or dark, the structure does not seem all that conducive to leaning toward the dark side. Maybe I didn't go far enough into it (definitely a possibility), but as far as I could tell, all the choices that seemed to point you toward the dark side were of the "knock an old lady down and steal her groceries" variety.
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PeeCee)

Yeah baby, just beat it as well.

Great fun, but I was playing it waaaaaaaaaaaay too much, I think I can successfully walk away and get back to my real life again. ; )

Playing as a total evil asshole was kind of fun in a silly sort of way. ; )