My newest toy...

edited March 2004 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 1969

I got myself one of these this weekend.

I never really saw the appeal of the GameBoy. Well, except... Back in the dark ages of video gaming, I was working for Atari when they introduced the Lynx, and I did have fun with that system. Of course Nintendo was The Enemy to me back then, but I suppose it's time to let bygones be bygones. One thing I can say for sure: Advance Wars 2 kicks all kinds of ass.

I got the GBA mainly for a trip I'm taking at the beginning of April (ECG VI STL CARAVAN!), so we'll see how that works out.

• edited December 1969
    The lynx....

is (was?) AWESOME and I heard that some company was even releasing a few new games for it. Crazy.

One of my buddies had one back in the day and I was quite jealous. ; ) The up to 16 player linked was another sweet feature, plus the best version of California Games around. I could do that BMX racing and the Surfing like all day. Not to mention FRISBEE!!! WOOHOO ; )
  • edited December 1969
    I thought the same thing...

They seemed pretty cool, but I figured I would never use it if I got one. Turns out to be about the best $100 I ever spent. I use it all the time, it's probably the platform I play most these days. Tons of cool games for it.

That looks like a pretty cool kit you got, although the extra large battery seems excessive. The stock GBA battery already has a really long life. I just took mine on a week long trip, used it heavily, and never had to charge it.

-Mori
  • edited December 1969
    Re: The lynx....

Ah... good memories...

I spent ALOT of time back in the day playing california games on the lynx. The 16 player thing was cool in theory but I never once linked it with anybody else. But back to the california games... there was no frisbee in the game, it was BMX, Surfing, Halfpipe, and Footbag. And I spent the most time trying to set up a perfect run on the bmx, with some crazy ass super flipping, flipping backwards... and going for the mythical 720 (I think that was it) in surfing. ahh, good times.

-ysd
    is (was?) AWESOME and I heard that some company was even
    releasing a few new games for it. Crazy.

One of my buddies had one back in the day and I was quite
    jealous. ; ) The up to 16 player linked was another sweet
    feature, plus the best version of California Games around. I
    could do that BMX racing and the Surfing like all day. Not to
    mention FRISBEE!!! WOOHOO ; )