[Myrchlamydia] Is this the happenin' place...

edited July 2001 in General Discussion

Comments

• edited December 1969
    ...where I impress cool people like Muffinhead, Black Cat, and Free with my insightful wit?

The Brotherhood of BoB
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Is this the happenin' place...

Sure, take your best shot.

• edited December 1969
    MB... But....
    ...where I impress cool people like Muffinhead, Black Cat, and
    Free with my insightful wit?
    ...Certainly not with your 'Link Posting Skills'. :0!

N8

• edited December 1969
    Re: MB... But....

Yes, that was pretty awful. Corrected now. Guess I should have been less cryptic and said:

"Greetings Clan Plaid, from the Brotherhood of BoB. We know where your forum is now, so pray, pray, pray."

I had the pleasure of meeting Muffinhead and Black Cat at MWNY this year. Great guys.

-David

The Brotherhood of BoB
  • edited December 1969
    Re: MB... But....
    I had the pleasure of meeting Muffinhead and Black Cat at MWNY
    this year. Great guys.
    You can't prove that!! I demand a fair trial!!

--MuffinHead

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    Do we have allies?

I feel kinda lonely without an ally link. I suppose that we have no friends, eh?

Then again, who are we fighting against? What cause exactly do we stand for?

All I know is that I get to push the button when war is delcared!

Darklord

• edited December 1969
    [b]Re: Do we have allies?[/b]

Sure, "ally" is a little silly. But it's a term uttered with no more seriousness than when CPers say order or creed. :D

Now, you may ask what evil BoB and its allies are fighting against. I would respond, without hesitation (since that's easy to do in a forum post) that we are united in combat against ennui.

-David

[url=http://homepage.mac.com/qmorris2/.Public/bob/index.html]The Brotherhood of BoB[/url]
  • edited December 1969
    [b]Re: Do we have allies?[/b]

[quote]
    Sure, "ally" is a little silly. But it's a term
    uttered with no more seriousness than when CPers say order or
    creed . :D

[/quote]
    As a member of the Clan Plaid Archers brigade, I have to point out that you linked to our "Order Page" at www.bungie.net, which shows sufficient disuse to belie any allegation of "seriousness" in our use of the word "order."

And as a pedantic bastard, I have to say that while "creed" may be a pretentious term, it at least has a real-world meaning as we use it, unlike "ally" as used in the context of BoB.

8-)
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Do we have allies?
    And as a pedantic bastard, I have to say that while
    "creed" may be a pretentious term, it at least has a
    real-world meaning as we use it, unlike "ally" as used
    in the context of BoB.
    Right, B'rain, I forgot all about the stern use of the word "creed" in cub scout troupes and Elvis Presley fan clubs. Silly me!

And absolutely, BoB is a bunch of jokers. Nothing we say should be taken seriously. Unless we're serious, of course.

OK, I'll stop spamming the CP forum now. :D

-David

The Brotherhood of BoB
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Is this the happenin' place...

Nice site Bob!

Tofu
  • edited December 1969
    Yeah, they are great guys...

...but we'll trade them for a BoB and two future draft picks.

-Mori
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Yeah, they are great guys...
    ...but we'll trade them for a BoB and two future draft picks.
    I guess the fans should have seen that coming. After a stellar year last season, I was eligible for arbitration, and my asking price was just too much for these guys to bear. I guess, instead of having me get claimed by another team, they traded me for whatever they could get. Too bad it was such rabble!

I know the team I'm going to has a great chance of going all the way and I can't wait to get into town and meet my new teammates.

--Doug Weight #CP#Hockey

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    but... but...
    And absolutely, BoB is a bunch of jokers. Nothing we say should
    be taken seriously. Unless we're serious, of course.

OK, I'll stop spamming the CP forum now. :D
    Now I'll never find out why on EARTH someone would name themselves after a venereal disease! Drat!

_/ C

• edited December 1969
    I'm glad you asked!

Back in 1999, I had picked up a copy of Myth2, discovered the multiplayer option, and realized I'd better think of a unique name. A fearsome name.

And what could possibly be scarier than some horrific hybrid of Myth's most terrifying race, the myrkridia, and a bacterium that causes painful swelling and severe itch around the urethral ducts?

-David

The Brotherhood of BoB
This discussion has been closed.