A Slightly Longer Hiatus

2»

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Nooblet wrote:
    ...can someone remind me why I ever broke my 'I won't post on forums ever' vow?
    1) A high post count under your name is the single most effective way to enlarge your e-peen.
    2) You're in WoW withdrawal and this is the closest you can get to the soothing plucking sound of the Ancient Bone Bow.
    3) You wanted to give me something useful to do from work (thanks!)

Hurry home, I need someone to Aspect of the Pack my lowbie alt around Durotar until she gets a mount. ;)

-deac
  • edited December 1969
    Deacon wrote:
    2) You're in WoW withdrawal and this is the closest you can get to the soothing plucking sound of the Ancient Bone Bow.
    Hey poop-head, http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53265 Get it right, whore.
    Poop-head wrote:
    3) You wanted to give me something useful to do from work (thanks!)
    Try being stuck in Kansas on a crappy laptop... that barely runs Minesweeper
    Hurry home, I need someone to Aspect of the Pack my lowbie alt around Durotar until she gets a mount.
    Ummm.... Rovrag Level 17, Rogue. Senj Level 36 (37?) Preist.... wouldn't they be more help? Maybe?

and where the hell is the preview button on posts in this damn thing!!!
  • edited December 1969
    ...to DL getting a second character tantalyzingly close to 60, passing Zans in the process
    Woohoo! I get mentioned in the drama thread! :P

OK, so now you're making me self conscious about leveling. I mean, I don't want to take everyone's fun out of working on their alts. I'm 80% to 54 so 60 is just around the corner! I'm shooting for Summer 2007. Should I slow up? I could try pvp'ing past rank 2 to set the bar slightly higher for those that diversify. :)
  • edited December 1969
    thedeacon wrote:
    p.s. holy mother of god, this text is tiny in IE. definitely going to stick with firefox when i'm posting from work...
    Oh yeah, Ramses was complaining about that earlier... but I'm too darn busy. I can only just squeeze in 3 hrs of wow play per night. *sniff*

Someone make another template for me 'k?

Farking MSIE
  • edited December 1969
    well well well, I hate message board drama. This thread is going on and on, and there's not much more I feel I can add to it. I wasn't going to post until I read Vrag's "Disband the guild" suggestions, whether funny or not.

Two things struck me about his post... One was this: as Vrag is one of the newest member to Clan Plaid, I found it pretty cool that he was able to see the core of what we are/who we are, and that is "For Fun & Honor" (well, he's a smart guy to boot, so that helped). Although we bitch and grumble about each other from time to time, we do all respect each other, and we do all have fun with each other. Where the game is fun, it's fun because I get to play with the rest of you. And I've had fun with every one of you, as well as been totally annoyed with every one of you. But I've had waaay more fun than grief.

So, the second thing, the "disband the guild" comment. Maybe that was just baiting the hook for a post such as mine, but really, think about the alternative. Join Blighted? fuggetaboutit. They're nice enough people, and they're nice to raid with when I want to raid, but they're not _my_ people they don't share the history and "feel" for games and computers and such that I share with you guys. Join CoE, meh. For all the complaints and misgivings that people are expressing here, I think you're just running up against the game design. This is CP. This is CP on WoW. Any questions? From my perspective WoW - CP = not worth it. WoW + CP = something I have spending some time doing.

As for the "it sucks when other ppl raid", well, maybe it does. But to demonize raiding lis just flat out stupid. What you're really saying is "it sucks when some people don't want to do the same thing as me". That could be a lot of things PvP/Battelgrounds, raiding, grinding rep, 5-mans, questing, etc etc. But that just freaking happens. I raid sometimes, and I'll tell you why: before I did with Blighted over the lest few weeks, I had NEVER seen the inside of MC. I'd never seen Onyxia. Now I have. I killed Onyxia last weekend. Blighted is going again this weekend. Will I go? Nope, I saw it, it was fun, that's it. Will I run MC again? probably here & there, I'd like to get more tier 1 stuff, but whatever. I've still never been to AQ, or BWL. I'd like to see those places. I've spent a lot of time in WoW, and I like to see and explore it. If I have to join a raid to see it, well, that's part of it.

But any of you who know me KNOW that my #1 interest is doing stuff with guildies. I usually log on and say in guild chat "HEY, WHAT"S GOING ON? WHAT'RE WE DOING? WHO NEEDS SOME HELP? HEY WHO WANTS TO HELP ME DO X?" or stuff to that effect. THAT's what I'm about, and that's what most of us are about. Let's not forget that.

So, I guess I feel like Deac said it best. Play WoW if it's fun, and trust that the other guildies are there to have fun with you. And if 6 ppl are on, and 5 of them are doing a Baron run, well, that's how it goes. Don't take it personally.
  • edited December 1969
    and we were so close to hijacking the thread... damn you BC... DAMN YOU!

Kur can open most locked boxes right? Why do we need cp?

WE NEED CP BECAUSE WE LOVE CP!

VIVA TP... ermmm VIVA CP