See what happens when I leave?

edited May 2006 in WoW: General

Comments

• edited December 1969
    It all goes to hell.

So, what's up fellas? Things are starting to normalize and I'd consider coming back, but I'm at a point in my life where I find justifying locking up 4+ hours of time somewhat unplausible. I really wish they could find a way around that. I'd be back in a heartbeat. We can't all be lonely work-at-home hermits to society like Chief.

They also updated Priests I hear. Someone figure out a good build out of the mess they've made of my talent trees as well. :)

Just wanted to say I'm still thinking of you all. Pity we're losing Garu and Vrag. Good chaps. If I did come back, I may consider the fact we should most likely, at this point, absorb ourselves into a friendly, larger guild.
  • edited December 1969
    that much huh? =(
  • edited December 1969
    Due to the fact that I just bought a new computer....

I have decided not to leave.

Please continue with your normal daily routine now.

~Vragak
  • edited December 1969
    Glad to hear you're sticking around, Vrag!
  • edited December 1969
    Oh, hey, people!

Hey guys.

God I really want to come back but Im so worried about endgame, and after multiple characters and two 60s, I don't want to start from scratch again.

Ugh.
  • edited December 1969
    If you are interested in endgame content, then you can do it. We've got guilds like Sicarri and Council of Elders that seem very cool about letting us go on their raids.

The only thing keeping me, personally, from doing endgame instances is that I don't have the big blocks of time needed for most instances, never mind raiding dungeons. I had an exceptional weekend last weekend, and managed to make it into Sicarri's Molten Core raid for the first time ever... which was a blast, but not something I'm able to do on a regular basis.

I need to finish the Onyxia key chain and start making it to Sicarri's ony raids. That's an event thats short enough for me to partake of... plus next time I have a chance to go to MC, I'll actually have some DKP to spend on shinies.
  • edited December 1969
    If you are interested in endgame content, then you can do it. We've got guilds like Sicarri and Council of Elders that seem very cool about letting us go on their raids.

It's true, we're very cool. :)

Incidentally, we've got a late-night Zul'Gurub run scheduled for this Sunday at 9PM. Anyone interested can sign up on the Council of Elders website:

http://www.councilofelders-guild.org/viewtopic.php?t=1101
  • edited December 1969
    i r noob. That was me. Sorry.
  • edited December 1969
    The big blocks of time are a problem for me too.
  • edited December 1969
    Oh, and DKP is keeping me away as well.
  • edited December 1969
    But I understand the need for DKP and everything, it's just, as a casual player by need, I'd probably not be the best candidate for it.

Hey elder/sciarri folks, thank you for your generousity and letting us hang with you. I always liked you from back when I used to play
  • edited December 1969
    But I understand the need for DKP and everything, it's just, as a casual player by need, I'd probably not be the best candidate for it.

I've encountered this antipathy to DKP from casual players before, and I'm not sure I really understand it. Yes, your first raid (or even first few raids) with less-casual players, you are guaranteed of not getting any loot. Of course, this puts the phat lewt in the hands of people who are going to be playing more frequently; this in turn helps get the instance to 'farm status' with that group... so when casuals do come along, you're more likely to have an easy time of it.

But here's what I don't get about opposition to using DKP. Suppose you are in a roll-for-loot system. Just for argument's sake, assume that one piece of loot you want to roll on comes up per instance run. (On my one and only MC trip, there was only one piece of loot -- a Blastershot Launcher-- that I could have even used... and it went for a lot more than I would have bid, even if I had points to spend.) If there are 5 people of the same class that would be rolling on that item, you would expect to win one item every 5 trips to the dungeon. Yes, you could get more than one item, but you could also get none.

But, after 5 trips through the dungeon, you would have earned enough DKP to be able to buy that one item anyway. Furthermore, if it's a class specific item (like tier 1 set pieces, for instance) the non-casuals would have already bought theirs, since they would have gone on lots more instance runs in the time it took a casual to make 5. This means you could actually get that item for a minimum bid, instead of having to shell out a lot of points for it, and you could actually wind up with more items than you would under a rolling system.

And if you do get outbid anyway, you still have your points to spend later... If you have no epics after 5 runs on a rolling system, you're SOL. If you have no epics after 5 runs on a DKP system, you can afford an even bigger bid the next time an item you want comes up.

I can understand the resistance to delayed gratification, since it will take you several runs before you even have a chance of getting an item, but the number of items you can expect to get (long term) is about the same, and your odds of at least getting something are even better under a DKP system.
  • edited December 1969
    Personally, I hate DKP systems.

but I have (finally) learned that there is nothing else to do but grin and bear it... or find 39 other people who hate it to guild with in a roll-off on everything.

~Vrag
  • edited December 1969

but I have (finally) learned that there is nothing else to do but grin and bear it... or find 39 other people who hate it to guild with in a roll-off on everything.

~Vrag

I agree.

Pat, I understand your logic, but you have to understand the innate humor or "yah it pays off after you've done it 8 times". It's perfectly understandable, and needed, just...well. Vragak put it best.

It's just how it works.

That being said, I'm back :)

I reactivated today.

Can someone point me in the direction of significant links i may need?
  • edited December 1969

~Vrag

I agree.

Pat, I understand your logic, but you have to understand the innate humor or "yah it pays off after you've done it 8 times". It's perfectly understandable, and needed, just...well. Vragak put it best.

It's just how it works.

That being said, I'm back :)

I reactivated today.

Can someone point me in the direction of significant links i may need?

Woops sorry that was me.
  • edited December 1969
    So...i guess i gotta do this Oynxia Quest chain thing.