I have left the guild.

edited June 2006 in WoW: General

Comments

• edited December 1969
    As of yesterday, I have left the guild.

I am tired of being treated as the fat kid in gym class, when teams for dodgeball are being selected.

It happened twice to me yesterday. Here's what went down....

(in guild chat)
    Wally - yo chief - we're running UBRS on thursday - we need warriors - spread the word
    Chief - ok! I think Mori wanted to do a run.
    And it's like I'm not even there.

A few hours later.... Garumako logs in on a CP alt of his.

Chat goes something like this....

Garu! We'd run UBRS - but we don't know any shaman.
    Yeah - can't find a good shaman these days.
    I'll do a UBRS run - let me switch
    Cool - I'll go ask (someone from another guild)
    yeah - I just asked (someone from anoother guild) - they want in
    I asked (someone from another guild) and they can't now - but will be back in an hour or so.

So basically, everyone else in Staghelm gets an invite to a CP raid - but me.

After a few minutes, I was fed up - and quit the guild.
    From what I was told later - the raid group was thinking about asking me to join. Oh how nice! The elite are slumming and letting me tag along.

This is just one example. I'm not bashing anyone in particular. This was what happened yesterday.

Also, everyone has been running MC lately. It's become the thing.
    Of course - I'm not attuned. Everyone else seems to be tho.

So, I get to solo on my alt - and read guild chat telling "wow - we're really doing great!" - "we've never beaten this boss the first time before!" - "yay! there are 7 CP in this raid!!!" - "sweet! - he dropped (thist) (that) (and the other thing)"

Anyhow - it's become 'not fun' to be in this guild.
  • edited December 1969
    This was the UBRS raid I mentioned:

http://wow.clanplaid.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=108&sid=b5b90b9b7f59f99376a68fa2ca025e8f

The link has been up for days, as has been the post. It's also the UBRS raid mentioned in the guild message of the day.

Please leave me out as an example, I included everybody in the invite, I was just following up with Chief since we spoke about it earlier.
  • edited December 1969
    As of yesterday, I have left the guild.

I am tired of being treated as the fat kid in gym class, when teams for dodgeball are being selected.

A few hours later.... Garumako logs in on a CP alt of his.

Chat goes something like this....

Garu! We'd run UBRS - but we don't know any shaman.
    Yeah - can't find a good shaman these days.
    I'll do a UBRS run - let me switch
    Cool - I'll go ask (someone from another guild)
    yeah - I just asked (someone from anoother guild) - they want in
    I asked (someone from another guild) and they can't now - but will be back in an hour or so.

So basically, everyone else in Staghelm gets an invite to a CP raid - but me.

Newsflash: I don't check the guild list every 5 minutes to see who is online and who isn't.

I didn't whisper to garu and whisper to mendicant to ask them to come to ubrs. I did it on guild chat for a reason: so everyone IN GUILD knows what we are doing and can speak up if they want to come.

Even if I had noticed you were on, I would not have asked you specifically to come, because frankly, I STILL don't know if I am welcome in YOUR groups. I am the fat kid, not you.

Before we had a little incident in scholo, and I apologized to you for it. A few days later I checked in to see if you had accepted my apology and forgiven me. You still said not. :(

So... everytime i'm online and you are it's like "hi" "heya" but no closure. I don't know if you care to come anywhere with me so to avoid embarrassment I don't ask you specifically to come in any of my groups.
    After a few minutes, I was fed up - and quit the guild.
    From what I was told later - the raid group was thinking about asking me to join. Oh how nice! The elite are slumming and letting me tag along.
    ----

Also, everyone has been running MC lately. It's become the thing.
    Of course - I'm not attuned. Everyone else seems to be tho.

I helped Yee get attuned last week. I would be more than happy to help you get attuned as well. If you don't want to be the "fat kid in gym class" take some control and be the guy picking the team, and plan a run to brd .
    So, I get to solo on my alt - and read guild chat telling "wow - we're really doing great!" - "we've never beaten this boss the first time before!" - "yay! there are 7 CP in this raid!!!" - "sweet! - he dropped (thist) (that) (and the other thing)"

Anyhow - it's become 'not fun' to be in this guild.

I've played this game for 1.5 years, and i'm finally getting into the endgame raiding stuff. On Alleria, i had a 60 shaman and 54 warrior. We switched to another server oh i think about 3-4 months after we started on Alleria so that more Clan Plaid folks could join us. My shaman i think did one UBRS run, and never did see even scholo, strat or LBRS.

I had a 60 priest on Stormscale. Finally got a taste of the top-end dungeons. I finally got a taste of Molten Core. Got my first MC purple there. Then we decided, for the second time, to give that all up and switch servers so that we could consolodate our Clan Plaid bretheren on the same server.

Now here I resolved not to play alts too much, and take Xetasi as far as she can go. I've made many sacrifices to get plaid playing together. We went through a period of not many people playing here for a bit. Then you and more plaid joined and finally we have a pretty good core group of 10-15 or so playing.

You'll have to forgive me if I'm a bit excited to finally reach this point where I can go on the big raids and have a chance at the phat lewts. If that makes you feel slighted, jealous, inadequate, not far enough along... hey, I'm sorry. I'll try to restrain myself. But in the short time you've been playing here you've gone farther than any of us did on Alleria.

You need to have more patience, both with us, and your own progress.
    You're more than welcome to rejoin the guild, as always.

yours,
    Xetasi
  • edited December 1969
    It seems to me everyone in the guild, possibly everyone in the game, goes through what you are right now. When I was leveling, I would whine constantly that no one was logging off their main and onto their alt to help group with me. It feels like no one wants you around, but the real problem is simply that people are not used to grouping with you.

When I run out of guildies to invite to a group and I start scanning my friends list, the first ones that get asked are the ones who said "sure!" last time I asked. Tonight I was in a group of four that already had two warlocks. BC had mentioned when I logged on that "we should do something together". So when it came time to fill that fifth slot, BC got the invite. Would a rogue/mage/hunter have been more useful than a third warlock? Of course. But the people who stick in your mind are the ones who show they want to do stuff.

Garu came on with an alt that hadn't been seen in a long time. It was unusual and more importantly it threw up a message in chat announcing his presence. You had been online a while already and had ignored the guild chat asking for people to join in UBRS. Asking you specifically by name to come would not be "slumming". It would be begging, and if you hadn't left just then that's exactly what we would have done.

I make a point of asking you to join groups, although at times I forget suxorian and dharklord are the same person. It still takes me a minute to remember that Groutous and Zanswa are not alts but mains. No one is avoiding you, or treating you like the fat kid. Only Chief may be a little distant since he's apparently afraid you haven't forgiven him for that shadow skin. You play different hours, do quests on alts most of the time, and don't ask for instance runs nor respond to guild chat about instance runs.

Swallow your pride, hop on and ask us to get you attuned. I guarantee you if any two plaid are available they'll help. The rest will offer to help as soon as they're done with whatever they're in the middle of. Put a little effort into actively joining or starting groups and you'll be amazed what happens. Also, move to a different time zone. West coast is the best coast.

-deac

p.s. we all still love ya. by my count you have to leave cp three more times to match vragak's record.
  • edited December 1969
    I was not here when all this took place, so understand I may be a bit out of context.

Quit frankly I agree with Xetasi a bit. This is my first time hitting endgame stuff, and I have been playing since Beta Day 1. I have also always played as a Hunter... so I am very excited to finally be seeing end game and (unlike Xetasi) I still haven't gotten my first epic. Also to tack on to Xetasi scholo incident. As few remeber I was at the center. I also apologize for that.

Now, as any should attest for, I will always drop what *I* am doing to help a #CP#er. If I am in a raid with Blighted, or any instance though, I am not going to drop what I am doing to help people, sorry. I don't enjoy people leaving raids so I don't. Also, anyone is always appreciated on any CP run! Just say "Hey i'll go" and unless it is only 1 spot free with no healers yet, you are pretty much assured a /invite, cause no offense, a bandages wielding warrior can't heal =)

As for MC Attunement... Blighted raids ZG and AQ20 regularly. Neither of those do you need attunement for, you can sign up for those on Blighted's site, www.blightedofstaghelm. Or you can come here and instead of posting why you left the guild, post in instance and party planning, and say "Attunement Run" Hell I need some stuff from BRD, so even though I hate the place I'd go.

Really though, forgive the 60's who have been playing since day 1 and are finally seeing end game stuff, and drops they might win. They are excited, as I am, because we are finally seeing what we have not yet seen!

We can't keep tabs on you, and you need to be proactive to get #CP#'ers to do stuff. As of right now, most of what the #CP# 60's do is pre-plan to go on the blighted raids. These take 4-7 hours, and as such kill most of our other instancing for that day.

I'll be honest. I check the Blighted site first, then the CP site. We don't pre-plan much.

I look forward to helping you pick up your valor stuff, your attunements, Ony Key and whatever else you need. I just hope I help you out with a under your name (ugly tabard not needed)

We want you bck man! Give us notice and we will rock BRD!

~Vragak

P.S- Mend, My record is 5 for Vrag... but if you add in all my characters and Alts... I am up to a grand total of 13 /gquits. He's got a LOOONG way to go.
  • edited December 1969
    DL! If I have snubbed you in anyway, i apologize. My runs are almost exclusively on west coast evenings so i always figured ( as you had declined in the past) that you could not go. My other problem is that i usually arrange most of my instancing ahead of time on HL (to try to make sure we get started a decent time and not blow my two nights i can do real stuff) and thus are almost full already before even loggin on.
    I think i heard that two nights a week you can play later now? Let me know which nights!

Finally, i am also not attuned so of course i'd bu up for that (except i can't do 20/40 man raids anyway as my computer sooks...).

Come on back!

Spit
  • edited December 1969
    Being in several guilds over the last year I know it can easily feel like people are leaving you out of everything. I've learned that the reality is just that people often have a bunch of stuff going on that I don't know about. They've been chatting with someone for an hour about a run, or are joining a random friend's guild in running something, or logged on just to get some fishing or PVP in before they have to go. It's much better to assume the best than the worst because it's pretty rare that people are doing something like this on purpose.

Also the point about alts is a good one. I'm still trying to figure out who's who after 6 months in the guild so if you're on an alt I'll often forget that you have a 60 main of the class I just asked about :)