edited June 2003 in General Discussion

Comments

• edited December 1969
    A whole post!!!

AND NOW TWO!! omgZ!!!
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Great messageboard
    A whole post!!!
    Actually, there were 1227 messages on this board before you posted.
    AND NOW TWO!! omgZ!!!
    Now there are 1229. r0X0rZ.

• edited December 1969

So... do you like Vanilla Coke?

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    So... do you like Vanilla Coke?
    No, actually, I hate it. Just as I hate rootbeer, Dr peppers and Budweiser. That shit only work on fat american people who also have a fairly digusting tendency to eat peanutbutter. ewww...
  • edited December 1969
    ps. I didn't notice any other messages [nt]

• edited December 1969
    No, actually, I hate it. Just as I hate rootbeer, Dr peppers and
    Budweiser. That shit only work on fat american people who also
    have a fairly digusting tendency to eat peanutbutter. ewww...
    Well I'm neither American nor fat, so I guess your theory is not necessarily correct!

I love rootbeer.

But I'd probably drink water before Budweiser.

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    Well I'm neither American nor fat, so I guess your theory is not
    necessarily correct!
    And it's pronounced "zed". Not "zee", "zed"!
    I love rootbeer.
    It's an aquired taste. I like it in small quantities, but I'm still trying to find a staple beverage after my psychologist told me both caffeine and alcohol are bad for me. Suggestions anyone? I tried Fanta for a while, but didn't warm to it. Lift is worse, and lemonade is just too bland.

Now I'm wondering if Fanta/Lift are only proper nouns in the antipodes and not North America. Lift's been through too many name changes to keep track of them all.
    How about Molson?

My name is Cob, and I am not American.
  • edited December 1969
    Well I'm neither American nor fat, so I guess your theory is not
    necessarily correct!

I love rootbeer.

I bet there is an american dip inside of you buried under all of that peanutbuttergrown fat! ewww!

Seriously, rootbeer tastes like a liquid form of a toothpaste-copying chewing gum I know of: and that is not a good thing. Trust me, you do not love rootbeer! I know what I'm talking about, are you?
    Or maybe there has been a missunderstanding. When I think of rootbeer I think of a certain flavour, are there more than one?
    You don't say rootbeer as in "soda", do you?

Because there is no way in hell you, as a non fat american, can like the rootbeer I'm thinking of.

/Sun
  • edited December 1969
    And it's pronounced "zed". Not "zee",
    "zed"!

It's an aquired taste. I like it in small quantities, but I'm
    still trying to find a staple beverage after my psychologist
    told me both caffeine and alcohol are bad for me. Suggestions
    anyone? I tried Fanta for a while, but didn't warm to it. Lift
    is worse, and lemonade is just too bland.

Now I'm wondering if Fanta/Lift are only proper nouns in the
    antipodes and not North America. Lift's been through too many
    name changes to keep track of them all.

How about Molson?
    Oh my non existent God! This is a whole science to you!
    Try Coke light(or diet coke, or whatever coca cola without sugar is called where you live). Yes, even the dentists suggests it. But I believe Coca Cola is addictive if you drink it in large quantities. Just so you know.
    Your psychologist don't want you absorbing man kind's greatest cultural necessarities and achievements: alcohol and caffeine. Then I suggest to you: nicotine (not addictive at all according to the experts in the tobaco industry;).

Fanta is named Lift where you live?
    They changed the name of the candybar "Raider" to Twix here and I, among several million people, still wonder why.
    My name is Cob, and I am not American.
    My name isn't Cob, I've actually never heard that name before. Strange... hmm

/Sun
  • edited December 1969
    Beverages
    And it's pronounced "zed". Not "zee", "zed"!
    Damn skippy!
    It's an aquired taste. I like it in small quantities, but I'm
    still trying to find a staple beverage after my psychologist
    told me both caffeine and alcohol are bad for me. Suggestions
    anyone? I tried Fanta for a while, but didn't warm to it. Lift
    is worse, and lemonade is just too bland.
    Now about iced tea? I love Snapple. Other possibilities may include the "energy" drinks (you get SoBe down there? Or is that just a Canadian thing?), or the sports drinks (I like Green Apple Powerade).

I like lemonade, too. Bland lemonade is sook! Find yourself a better brand!
    Now I'm wondering if Fanta/Lift are only proper nouns in the
    antipodes and not North America. Lift's been through too many
    name changes to keep track of them all.
    I haven't seen Fanta in Canada for years... probably a Good Thing.
    How about Molson?
    Only if there's no other better alternative. Not dark enough.

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    Because there is no way in hell you, as a non fat american, can
    like the rootbeer I'm thinking of.
    Mmm, getting an icy glass rootbeer at A&W is heaven0rz.

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    I think it's way past medication time for Mr. Sun.

_/ C's Site o' Fun!
  • edited December 1969
    Whatever that site was...

it was reeEaally scary!

You did it! You almost scared me off.
    That site, you linked to, made me think about what kind of sick puppets it is that may visit this forum on occassion. BrrRRrrr...
    Shivers down my spine.

Then I realized I'm sick in the head as well, just not in that puppet style you seem to be in to. I'm more of an angry, hate, voices in my head kind of psycho. Yes, that's me. I'm sick. But nothing compared to you, Carchmudgeon! You sick, sick, sick, twisted little "Omen" twin child, helmet wearing, freak! Oh my GOD(missing identity; let's call him John Doe... but that would make it gay, screaming "oh my John Doe", holy shit that'd be gay - stop trying to gay me, Carch, damn it)!

/Sun

• edited December 1969
    A&W? WTH is that?! [nt]

• edited December 1969
    Re: Beverages
    Damn skippy!
    How I love that bouncing bush kangaroo. Too bad you have to watch cable at 10AMish to catch it these days.
    Now about iced tea? I love Snapple. Other possibilities may
    include the "energy" drinks (you get SoBe down there?
    Or is that just a Canadian thing?), or the sports drinks (I like
    Green Apple Powerade).
    I've never seen SoBe before, but then, I've never looked for it. I was on a Red Bull binge for a while, but even though it's not caffeine(?), I imagine whatever _is_ in it is similar to caffeine.

Powerade hasn't been taste tested yet. I think it's almost time to visit the supermarket. Hell, it'll give me a good excuse to buy some more shaving cream. It's starting to look like I've joined some kind of whacky cult. :)
    I like lemonade, too. Bland lemonade is sook! Find yourself a
    better brand!
    Can you suggest any that you think may be available outside the first nation of hockey?
    I haven't seen Fanta in Canada for years... probably a Good
    Thing.
    It is.
    Only if there's no other better alternative. Not dark enough.
    Of course, I've never tasted it. Isn't Molson owned by Fosters? If so, QED. :)

-Cob
  • edited December 1969
    [b]Re: Beverages[/b]

[quote]
    Can you suggest any that you think may be available outside the
    first nation of hockey?

[/quote]
    Lemonade? Er, not sure. But if you can find Brisk lemonade, give it a try. It is very "chuggable". (But man I hate Brisk iced tea)

Snapple also makes a decent lemonade.

[quote]
    Of course, I've never tasted it. Isn't Molson owned by Fosters?

[/quote]
    Wassah? You'd think they'd mention it somewhere if that was true! (History) Big Rock is where it's at, man.

[img]http://www.clanplaid.net/~muffin/questionmuffin.gif[/img]
  • edited December 1969
    Must not... feed troll... any longer... ... [nt]

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    Lemonade? Er, not sure. But if you can find Brisk lemonade, give
    it a try. It is very "chuggable". (But man I hate
    Brisk iced tea)

Snapple also makes a decent lemonade.
    I will check them out and report back to you. ;)
    Wassah? You'd think they'd mention it somewhere if that was
    true! ( History ) Big Rock is where it's at, man.
    I don't know where I got that idea from then. I've been making a number of odd claims lately. I'll get myself in trouble soon, I'm sure.

-Cob
  • edited December 1969
    Big Rock
    Big Rock is where it's at, man.
    It's based in Calgary though! ;)
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Big Rock
    It's based in Calgary though! ;)
    We all must be willing to grant concessions in order to partake in the glorious elixir that is Big Rock Traditional!

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    Re: Big Rock
    We all must be willing to grant concessions in order to partake
    in the glorious elixir that is Big Rock Traditional!
    Mmm... dark and smooth.

Warthog's also well worth trying, especially if dark just isn't quite your thing.

-Eye
  • edited December 1969
    Now about iced tea?
    For the record, iced tea is loaded with caffeine (unless specifically decaffeinated).

For example, Snapple Iced Tea (all varieties) has 48 mg in a 16 oz bottle. A 12 oz bottle of Coke has about 45 mg in comparison. (For reference, a cup of coffee has about 135 mg.)

-Cauldyth

• edited December 1969
    Good catch [nt]

questionmuffin.gif
  • edited December 1969
    For the record, iced tea is loaded with caffeine (unless
    specifically decaffeinated).
    Yeah, I would have been surprised if it was caffeine free without searching for a designated caffeine free version. Tea is a good caffeine source itself.
  • edited December 1969
    [b]Molson, and the Big Brews in Canada[/b]

[quote]
    If so, QED. :)

[/quote]
    Molson Inc. is a publicly traded company, with the Molson family of Canada owning the majority of voting shares. Chairman Eric Molson owns the most of those. He is the great-great-great grandson of the founder. (Aside: One of John Molson's side businesses whas a steamboat line, which did quite well during the War of 1812 ferrying British munitions and troops to fight the nasty Americans.)

Within these last few years, Interbrew of Belgium, bought control of Molson's bitter rival, Labatts. Molson and Labatts are in a dead heat, each controlling 45% of Canada's beer market.

Guess that's why Molson uses an "I am Canadian" ad spin, whilst Labatts prefers the "Out of the Blue" campaign. :)

Molson purchased the Bavaria brand in Brazil, and even more recently their rival Kaiser Breweries, which they then sold 20-25% to Heineken for a tidy sum. Interestingly, they now brew more beer in Brazil than in Canada.

Foster's Group has four operating divisions: Carleton and United Breweries, Beringer Blass, Foster's Brewing International, and Lensworth International, an impressive conglomerate of beer and wine brands. But no Molson's.

It's true that Molson brews the Fosters brand here in Canada under license. And I think there's some collaboration in the United States with Miller Brewing (which splits ownership of Molsons USA with Molson Inc.) Miller Brewing is wholly owned by Philip Morris, purveyors of fine tobacco, food, and beverage products. ;-)

--
    Chief
  • edited December 1969
    [b]Molson, and the Big Brews in Canada[/b]

[quote]
    If so, QED. :)

[/quote]
    Molson Inc. is a publicly traded company, with the Molson family of Canada owning the majority of voting shares. Chairman Eric Molson owns the most of those. He is the great-great-great grandson of the founder. (Aside: One of John Molson's side businesses whas a steamboat line, which did quite well during the War of 1812 ferrying British munitions and troops to fight the nasty Americans.)

Within these last few years, Interbrew of Belgium, bought control of Molson's bitter rival, Labatts. Molson and Labatts are in a dead heat, each controlling 45% of Canada's beer market.

Guess that's why Molson uses an "I am Canadian" ad spin, whilst Labatts prefers the "Out of the Blue" campaign. :)

Molson purchased the Bavaria brand in Brazil, and even more recently their rival Kaiser Breweries, which they then sold 20-25% to Heineken for a tidy sum. Interestingly, they now brew more beer in Brazil than in Canada.

Foster's Group has four operating divisions: Carleton and United Breweries, Beringer Blass, Foster's Brewing International, and Lensworth International, an impressive conglomerate of beer and wine brands. But no Molson's.

It's true that Molson brews the Fosters brand here in Canada under license. And I think there's some collaboration in the United States with Miller Brewing (which splits ownership of Molsons USA with Molson Inc.) Miller Brewing is wholly owned by Philip Morris, purveyors of fine tobacco, food, and beverage products. ;-)

--
    Chief
  • edited December 1969
    Ignore this screwed up post, i can't delete it [nt]

• edited December 1969
    I like a man who does his homework! (nt) [nt]

• edited December 1969
    What is it about Swedish gamers online ?

Having been there a few times, the people of Sweden impressed me as friendly and intelligent people.

Yet in the past month some of the worst trolls in the gaming community that I have run into have has .se at the end of their addresses. Of course this could all be one atrocious troll.
    No, actually, I hate it. Just as I hate rootbeer, Dr peppers and
    Budweiser. That shit only work on fat american people who also
    have a fairly digusting tendency to eat peanutbutter. ewww...
    Here is a great example, he takes a fairly innocent question about Vanilla Coke (in a board that for some odd reason tends to break in beverage debates) and turns it into a chance to insult Americans.

Now for some clueing in...

Budweiser is not really considered beer by at least some segments of the American population. Made with rice instead of more traditional beer making grains (malted barley) and lacking more than a hint of hops, it's pretty vapid. Please do not assume that all Americans like it. I had some in the house a few years ago, but only because a guest (not from North America by the way) preferred it.

Peanut butter, fairly disgusting ? Okay, what is that about ? It is ground nuts. What is disgusting about that ? Sure some fo the brands are sweetened or salted more than some care for, but as a spread for children's sandwiches (which is it's primary purpose) what is wrong with a good inexpensive source of protein ? Sure it has more fat than you want to have in a food you eat large quantities of, but that is not the way it is meant to be eaten.

Root beer is a soda whose flavor was originally derived from plant extracts (originally sasafras root, since replaced due to carcinoginic nature of sasafras). Lacking caffiene and possessing a very firm foam, served ice cold, it is a classic North American soft drink for the hot summer season. A&W is a widely distributed brand of a fairly authentic tasting 'old fashioned' root beer that some of us grew up with and therefore consider the default.

As for Dr Pepper, well, it claims to be the oldest brand soda and is very much an acquired taste.

It's fairly obvious that Sun does not care for Americans. I'll take that as a given. Lot's of people thoughout the world do not care for Americans and some of that is for good reasons. But only a troll takes a fairly benign question an turns it into filled with hate and disgust.
  • edited December 1969
    Relax
    Having been there a few times, the people of Sweden impressed me
    as friendly and intelligent people.
    How nice. I went to France a couple of years ago.
    Yet in the past month some of the worst trolls in the gaming
    community that I have run into have has .se at the end of their
    addresses. Of course this could all be one atrocious troll.
    So how does this fact change your perspective on swedish people? I've met people from the US that likes to use the mything community for cyber-sex. So? I assume you're not twelve and need to be told "not all swedish people are like that". There are stupid fucking americans as well as there are stupid fucking swedes. Who gives a shit? No one is forcing you to like and try to understand everybody.
    Here is a great example, he takes a fairly innocent question
    about Vanilla Coke (in a board that for some odd reason tends to
    break in beverage debates) and turns it into a chance to insult
    Americans.

Now for some clueing in...

Budweiser is not really considered beer by at least some
    segments of the American population. Made with rice instead of
    more traditional beer making grains (malted barley) and lacking
    more than a hint of hops, it's pretty vapid. Please do not
    assume that all Americans like it. I had some in the house a few
    years ago, but only because a guest (not from North America by
    the way) preferred it.
    For some reason Budweiser is popular in America... beer or not, right?
    Peanut butter, fairly disgusting ? Okay, what is that about ? It
    is ground nuts. What is disgusting about that ? Sure some fo the
    brands are sweetened or salted more than some care for, but as a
    spread for children's sandwiches (which is it's primary purpose)
    what is wrong with a good inexpensive source of protein ? Sure
    it has more fat than you want to have in a food you eat large
    quantities of, but that is not the way it is meant to be eaten.
    In any case peanut butter on sandwiches is disgusting(especially if you mix it with jam). This is of course MY opinion. I also believe there's a reason why americans, the fatest people on earth, have this as a tradition.
    Root beer is a soda whose flavor was originally derived from
    plant extracts (originally sasafras root, since replaced due to
    carcinoginic nature of sasafras). Lacking caffiene and
    possessing a very firm foam, served ice cold, it is a classic
    North American soft drink for the hot summer season. A&W is a
    widely distributed brand of a fairly authentic tasting 'old
    fashioned' root beer that some of us grew up with and therefore
    consider the default.
    Why, thank you for telling me what A&W is. I asked.
    I also asked if there were several different flavours of root beer. Now I know. The one I've tasted was awful.
    As for Dr Pepper, well, it claims to be the oldest brand soda
    and is very much an acquired taste.
    Oldest in America perhaps.
    It's fairly obvious that Sun does not care for Americans. I'll
    take that as a given. Lot's of people thoughout the world do not
    care for Americans and some of that is for good reasons. But
    only a troll takes a fairly benign question an turns it into
    filled with hate and disgust.
    Where's the hate? The problem with you is you take it as a personal insult when it's not. The reason why I mentioned "America" and "americans", thus making it seem like a generalization(spell), is because I'm obviously not american myself.

Most insults on myth are used in the spirit of the community; all good and fun. If I were to tell you americans are really, really fat and eat all day, would you really care?

/Sun